Granola Bars
Homemade Chewy Granola Bars Recipe:
2 c. Oats - quick rolled oats
1/2 c. Rice Krispies
1/2 c. Raisins
2 c. Oats - quick rolled oats
1/2 c. Rice Krispies
1/2 c. Raisins
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. butter, softened
1/3 c. maple syrup or honey
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. butter, softened
1/3 c. maple syrup or honey
1/2 c. peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Add all of the ingredients and mix together until combined. Press into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes and score into bars. Let it set completely and then cut into bars. You can also add in chocolate chips or anything you want really (mini m&m's, coconut, mini marshmellows, etc.). I found this recipe online and modified it a little bit b/c the first batch was too thick and crumbly. These actually look like granola bars and are a great consistency. Moi just gobbled a whole one up, and she never eats a whole anything. Also, I added a TBS. of beneful fiber powder b/c Moi is having some... needing some fiber issues.... That's totally optional though. I chopped up a dove dark chocolate bar and added that in as well.
This morning Moi was sitting in her exercauser that she made me drag out of the barn. I went up and gave her a kiss on the head. She got very upset and said "No thank you, I don't NEED a kiss right now!" and started wiping it off.
We are excited for baby boy Hogan!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home