Now with recipes!
This morning Moi was running around without a diaper. That's kind of how it goes if we are home. Here was our conversation:
Moi: Can I have a diaper?
Me: Why?
Moi: So I don't pee on dat floor (pointing to the floor).
Me: Why don't you go pee pee on the potty?
Moi: I don't do dat anymore.
Me: If you try, you will get a treat.
Moi: A treat? Okay.
Then she went up to the potty and said, as she says every time she goes to the potty "Remember, I fall in dat".
Me: Yes, I remember, but it's okay, you won't fall this time.
She gets on it hesitantly. After about 5 seconds she says...
Moi: Mommy, say 'good try!', Mommy say 'good try!' (over and over)
Finally I give in and say "good try"
Moi: Thank you (hopping off the potty), Can I have a treat now?
Whenever I drive with Moi, I usually put in one of our music class or other kiddie CD's. Chris has gotten her into classic rock though, and she is loving it. Some of her favorite songs are "Dude looks like a lady", "Werewolves of London", "Low rider", "I get around" and "We will rock you". She doesn't seem to care for the top 40 or R& B that I like to listen to. Boo.
Sometimes I read friends blogs. Sometimes I read friends of friends blogs. I enjoy blogs. I have discovered that people out there blog about things that are not only about their child's day to day funnies. I enjoy reading blogs about cooking and crafts. Sometimes I try these recipes and crafts. I thought that maybe to add some interest to my blog, I would share some of the recipes and crafts I've tried (not only from blogs, but from friends, etc.) So... Here we go!
I've had lots of friends have babies lately, so I've been in search of meals to take to them. One that I've tried and seems popular is a "Pizza Casserole". It is a very flexible recipe and you can follow it as you want or add in veggies and other good stuff. Whatever your family likes. Missy gave this recipe to me, so props to her! Enjoy.
Pizza Casserole
Ingredients
1 lb bow tie pasta - or any pasta really
1 lb Jimmy Dean sausage, 'country mild' (can also use ground beef or turkey)
1 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
1/2 lb cubed cooked ham (I usually take this out)
1/2-1 lb of sliced pepperoni
2(8 ounce) bags of shredded mozzarella cheese
Any veggies your family likes on pizza
Directions
1. Cook pasta in boiling water until ala-dente'.
2. Cook sausage
3. In a lightly greased 9 x 13 x 3 inch pan, pour a small amount of sauce to lightly coat bottom.
4. Layer ingredients in the order listed below.
5. 1st layer-1/3 of the pasta, 1/3 remaining sauce, 1 bag of mozzarella cheese, sausage
6. 2nd layer-1/2 of the remaining pasta, 1/2 remaining sauce, 1 bag of mozzarella cheese, ham.
7. 3rd layer-all remaining pasta, all remaining sauce, Layer of mozzarella cheese,all the pepperoni (completely covering the entire top with pepperoni).
8. Bake 375 degrees for 40 minutes.
9. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
We are excited for baby boy Hogan!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home