Big Zoo Play Area
The day after "the day of 5 tantrums" as it shall forever be know, I decided to take Moi to the zoo. I was nervous b/c if we had a day like the day before, it would be bad. She had a better day. When we arrived at the zoo, she said "I want to go home" and wouldn't get out of the car seat, was flipping out and hit me in the face (how all tantrums start). I decided to act like it never happened, and she ended up being fine the whole day. She had another tantrum right before bed, so finally daddy got to see what I was talking about. She gets very exorcist on us. It's crazy. She steps up the normal temper tantrums up a notch, that is for sure. Anyway, at the zoo we went to the play area. She has never tried to climb up it before, but today was the day. Oh my gosh, I was so terrified for the first 20 minutes. What I didn't/don't like is that she could fall up high and it would take me awhile to get to her. But, she decided to go for it, so I let her. She couldn't really get hurt, she might scare herself, but she did great and played on this for about an hour. The funniest thing was that she got ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP and I was really concerned about her getting scared to come back down. You can't see the whole top platform b/c of the darned lady bug, and I was freaking out b/c there was a good 30 seconds where I couldn't see her. All of the sudden I heard "I did it! I did it! I did it!" in the funniest little calm Moira voice. I still didn't know exactly where she was. Well, don't you know she had gone down this MASSIVE slide from the very top and was being all casual like "yeah, I did it". Then she wanted to do it again. And again. And again. I finally relaxed a bit, but the whole thing was quite nerve racking. There was a whole crew of us parents down below with first timers, directing the kids all around and being nervous. It was kind of like a game show.She had fun though. She didn't get up until 11 am that day, so we stayed at the zoo for 4 hours. A record!
She still has a very runny nose, but she's been on the antibiotic for about 6 days now for the ear infection. I have been trying to give her lots of warnings about what is about to come during the day to ward off tantrums. Also, a lack of sleep seems to make things much worse, so I am trying to keep her as well rested as she will allow. 2 days tantrum free so far. Wish us luck.
She still has a very runny nose, but she's been on the antibiotic for about 6 days now for the ear infection. I have been trying to give her lots of warnings about what is about to come during the day to ward off tantrums. Also, a lack of sleep seems to make things much worse, so I am trying to keep her as well rested as she will allow. 2 days tantrum free so far. Wish us luck.
We are excited for baby boy Hogan!

1 Comments:
That looks totally cool! I don't even like zoos, but we're going to have to visit your zoo sometime this summer. Maybe we can hook up.
Post a Comment
<< Home