Happy 8 Month Birthday to Moira!
Eating her new favoire table toy
She got herself this way
A little help from Mom....
Eating toy againToday Moira turns 8 months old. That is wild. She is already pulling herself up on things. She loves this table toy we have for her. No matter where we put her on the floor, she just crawls to get to this, and then she doesn't want to crawl anymore. She is determined to pull herself up and play with it. I am getting really tired of the songs that it plays.
We are having some sleep issues. Now that she can crawl, she crawls to the corner of the crib that faces her bedroom door, and cries for me to come pick her up. It's soooo pitiful. It usually happens around 12-1 am (I should really be going to bed now...) I rearanged her bedtime routine tonight so she is not on the floor playing right before sleepytime, and she went to bed tonight with no tears, just like last week. Keep your fingers crossed that it will help! I am not sure if it is separation anxiety, hunger, or the new developmental steps that is causing the sleep distruptions.
I think that Moira used her baby sign language today for the first time. I was feeding her breakfast and I thought she was done with her oatmeal. I took it away and a couple of minutes later she made some "ugh ugh" noises. I turned around and she was making the "more" sign. It is similar to clapping, but I think it was more b/c when she claps, she usually has at least one hand open. This time, both fists were closed and she had her mouth open like a little birdie. I gave her some oatmeal and she took like 3 more bites! I'm not sure if she was really signing, but I was excited anyway!
We are excited for baby boy Hogan!

1 Comments:
You can't possibly be tired of the songs yet! We're into our 3rd year of that toy, and it is still the all-time favorite of every baby. Wait until she starts walking, and you get the lawn mower or the vacuum cleaner. You'll remove the batteries long before they die!
Post a Comment
<< Home