We are excited for baby boy Hogan!
Moira Elizabeth Hogan

Moira Elizabeth Hogan

Friday, April 04, 2008

One of my former architect coworkers came over today to look at our barn to maybe help out with some plans for fixing it up. Moi was initially kind of shy and scared at him, but he has 2 girls, so he knew how to charm her. After only a few minutes she came skipping over to him with one of her musical insturments and said "Can I play the flute for you?" and then proceded to play her little flute and then dance around. A few minutes later when we were talking about the barn she started dancing circles around him going "Do I look so pretty? Do I look so pretty?" over and over again. I kind of think she was doing this b/c she's heard me tell the story about her and the drain man so much.
Last night we were at the community center indoor tree house. I was so proud of Moi, she was doing this rock climbing thing really well and all by herself. It takes a lot of coordination. She kept doing it over and over again. Well, this one older girl, who was about 8ish, pushed her way on top of Moi and started climbing up the wall, even though it clearly was not her turn. She stepped on Moi's hand/fingers big time. I could see it happening but couldn't get there in time to stop it. The girl must have know something was off, but she kind of frooze. Moi had that face where she is obviously in pain and getting ready to cry but no sound was coming out. As I ran over there I just yelled "Get off of her!" and the older girl droppend the several feet to the ground and ran away. I felt bad for yelling, but it was a moment of panic. Poor Moi was hysterical and had shoe prints on her fingers for quite awhile afterwards :( But after about 5 minutes of crying,s he went back to climb some more, so she wasn't that traumatized.

2 Comments:

At 6:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meg,
Don't feel bad for yelling. You did the absolute right thing. The 8 year old needed to be made aware of what she was doing!
Nana

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Mark, Patty, Allie and Abby said...

OUCH! I can't believe the girl stepped on Moira's fingers and of course my question is where was the mother/father?
I love the story about her dancing around your friend, I can just picture her doing that!
I hope she's having a good day w/ her dad today!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home