Funnies
Moira, baby Joseph and Daniela (I swiped your picture Cheryl!)Yesterday morning we went to our good friends Tom and Cheryl's (see New! link to the right for their blog) for Easter brunch. They have a new little baby Joseph, and Moira was obcessed with him. She is super into babies right now. She just wanted to look at him, give him nuks, bottles, anything he needed. We had a good brunch and then the girls hunted for easter eggs. Moira would stop and open whatever was in her eggs as she went, so she got out hunted by Daniela by about 10 to 1. But Daniela didn't like the eggs that weren't eggs shaped, so Moira got all the ones shaped like carrots or balls.
This weekend, Moi and I were outside and she was using lots of descriptive words to describe what I was doing, what the cat was doing, the dog, etc. So I said to Moira...
Me: What are you, Moira?
Moira: I am....(thinking).... two!
Me: I am thirty one.
Moira: Mom, you thirty one?
Me: Yep.
Me: Yep.
Moira: ....(thinking).... you are old and I am new!
True, but how does she know that?????
Chris got home. I told her earlier that daddy was thirty one also. I tried to get her to show him that she knew that.
Me: Moira, how old is mommy?
Moira: thirty one!
Moira: thirty one!
Me: How old is daddy?
Moira:.... (taking a look at daddy and thinking)..... OLD!!!!!
Moira:.... (taking a look at daddy and thinking)..... OLD!!!!!
HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!
Also, Chris cleaned out the cars yesterday. He got out her carseat cover so we could throw it in the wash. It was drying in the kitchen and she started yelling about airplane rides and how she was going to go on an airplane ride. I was trying to figure out why she kept talking about airplanes and then I remembered that the last time we cleaned the car seat cover was the night before we took an airplane ride to florida. Crazy! He took her to the airport park last night and she kept talking about how we got a new car. I guess it must look really different clean...
This morning we were playing in the guest room. She wanted both of us to sit on the same seat and ride the bike. I told her I was riding the bike to "get in shape". She said "okay mom, you need a shape?" and she hopped off the bike and went into the other room. I continued riding the bike. She came back in about 2 minutes later with a circle from her shapes puzzle and said "here you go mommy, here is a shape!" This is extra funny b/c in order to get to the shapes puzzle, she needed to get on the couch and get it off of the bookcase, and it was one of the bottom puzzles. That got such a laugh out of me that she brought me the rest of the shapes one by one and I actually got to ride for 10 minutes on the exercize bike. Then she brough me all of the vehicles from the transportation puzzle.
Also, Kodos was outside barking today at the back fence and Moira said "Kodos is barking at robbers". Not sure where she learned that word. And the other day in the tent she said she was hiding from monsters. I guess I'm going to have to start watching Dora and Sesame street closer! That's about all she watches, so I'm not sure where she is picking up these "scary" words.
We are excited for baby boy Hogan!

1 Comments:
Meg,
She is SO SMART! It's just amazing how she put together that she is new and you are old. She just soaks everything in and applies it. She's one smart cookie!
Post a Comment
<< Home