At the Park
What a difference a season makes! We headed to our favorite local park this morning, since it was a sunny 70 degrees. We haven't been since October, when Moi just turned two. Now she's 2 1/2. She immediately ran for the big girl swings. Last season, she could only lay on them on her belly like "super baby". She did all of the slides, some of them really high. She started to throw a tantrum as we were leaving, but I told her if she didn't stop crying and screaming then we were never coming back and..... it worked! I couldn't believe it. I had forgotten how terrible the tantrums were about leaving the park, hence my love/hate relationship with them. Hopefully she'll do okay with leaving again next time again.
We decided to take Moira to her first columbus clippers baseball game tonight. She kept saying as we were walking inside to the stadium "are we going to have so much fun? are we going to have so much fun?". After about 3 minutes of sitting there, she started saying over and over again "I want to go home now. I want to go home now. I want to go home now. I want to go home now." She was about to have an emotional break down for some reason (even though we had hot dogs and m&m's). I let her climb up and down the bleachers. She saw the big chicken mascot and got all excited and said he was like "Bob the Builder" from Cosi and wanted to go give him a high five. Then she jumped around the stadium stairs some more. Then she spotted the bouncy castle on the way out, and it was all down here from there. We went and let her bounce, and then left. As we were leaving she said "Where are we going?" I told her we were going home and she said "Yeah! I got my wish! We are going home, I got my wish!". Who knew a baseball game would be so traumatic. She hasn't been sleeping great lately so she's been in kind of a bad mood a lot.
Tonight she drew me a picture and brought it into the kitchen and said "I made you a present. Happy Christmas!".
Here new thing is to say she's "gettin busy" when she's doing something she thinks is fun. Like "look at me on the trampoline! I'm gettin busy!". Not sure where she picked that up.
Moi's new thing is playing baby. Or playing Mommy. But most of the time, she is a baby. She talks with her tounge out, that's kind of annoying. She needs me to feed her. She crawls around. She wants a ba ba. Then when she's the mommy, she listens to the baby monitor saying "do you hear the little baby?" or she feeds various things ba bas and tells me they need nuks. Often Kodos is the baby.
We are excited for baby boy Hogan!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home