What do you do when your kid bites you in the butt?
Not figuratively, but literally. Moi has really been perfecting her tantrum technique. She throws her head and arms back, scream, and hurls herself onto the floor. If I'm carrying her, she will hit my face. Yesterday, we needed to come inside. She didn't want to. Tantrum soon followed. She hit me in the face as I was carrying her inside. I looked at her and said "We don't hit". I turned my face away from her and she hit the back of my head! Then I sat her down on the middle of the kitchen floor so she could blow off steam. I started unloading the dishwasher and she came charging at me from behind, grabbed both of my legs and took a big chomp into my butt! Nice! Then this weekend she was mad about something that we wouldn't let her do, Chris was working on the computer and she just ran up to him and hit his leg.
This is funny, speaking of tantrums. We were at the park and she was mad for some reason, so she went to throw her tantrum, which inevitably means throwing herself onto the ground. Well, she realized that she was on the hard concrete, so she walked herself 5 feet over to the grass and hurled herself onto the ground there. She might be mad, but she's not stupid!
She really only throws 2 or 3 a day, so it's not like she is tantruming all day, and like my Dr. said, any 18 month old who isn't throwing tantrums, isn't alive, so we just go with it.
Sorry for all the run on sentances, coffee hasn't kicked in.
Yesterday she woke up from her nap going "Horry me! Horray me! Horray me!". First words out of her mouth after "hello". We went to the Toddler Playtime at the EBC and she was going down the the little baby slide- she then stood up and did a purposeful summersault off of the mat onto the gym floor, stood back up, turned around and looked at me and said her version of "TA DA!" while waving her hands up in the air. She's a performer. I got her signed up for a gymnastics class at the Community Center this summer after our other one ends. I had to stand in line FOREVER to get the class on Saturday morning, but it's cheap. They don't have trampolines in the floor, but I am thinking that this is a good thing b/c maybe she will actually do the other things they have there.
We are excited for baby boy Hogan!

1 Comments:
You will never have a dull moment with Miss Moira around!!
Post a Comment
<< Home