We are excited for baby boy Hogan!
Moira Elizabeth Hogan: Happy 18 Month Birthday to Moi Moi

Moira Elizabeth Hogan

Monday, April 09, 2007

Happy 18 Month Birthday to Moi Moi


Wendy and Connor had a fabulous easter party for about 15 mom & kids!

I can get her hair to do this if I get it wet and scrunch it all up.
I busted Moi opening the lazy susan and emptying all the stuff.



Moira turned 18 months old on Saturday. I feel like a lot has gone on since I last blogged that I don't even remember it. We've all been kind of sick in the house, which is exhausting. Also Moi is very into "mommy" right now. When it's just the two of us, she isn't super clingy, but when others are around, she always has to be haning off my leg going "mommy! mommy! mommy!" and wanting me to pick her up. She doesn't like me to get on the computer. Once she realizes I am on it, she says "up peas!" and wants me to hold her and look at her videos or climb up and down the chair.


We were watching some news show this weekend and she saw a guy in a suit and tie on the TV and pointed at him and went "daddy!".


Moi got lots of goodies for Easter. She got 4 easter baskets! She really liked inspecting all the goods and throwing them as far as possible. Especially the eggs. She even learned to say egg this weekend. It was too cold for a hunt or her easter dress!


Moi has been singing herself to sleep. It's super cute. She loves to sing the "hello" song from music class. She also sings "row row" for row your boat, and "e i e i o" from old mcdonald. She also sings the "seashells" song from music class. We start a new session of music this week and I can't wait to get our new CD so we can hear some new tunes!


Moi had her 18 month Dr. visit today. She knew where we were as soon as we went into the exam room and she was not happy about it. The Dr. said thap happens all the time with the 18 month visit, b/c they are old enough to know where they are and not be happy about it. She screamed for almost 45 minutes straight. Oh yeah, and she peed all over me. I mean ALL over me. They weighed her in at 24 lbs even, and 33". I think that length is a little short, b/c she was fussing all around. She was in the 55% for weight and the 80% for height. I had written down all the words she says, and the Dr. says she knows as many as they look for in 2 year olds. He also asked me if she can go up and down stairs with assistance. That was funny, b/c she can walk up and down stairs like a grownup. I try to get her to go down backwards so she doesn't fall, but going up she walks up them, not crawls. Also, I told him how she jumps up and down and he said that they don't even ask about that until the 2 year appointment. Although it was a rough visit with all the screaming, it's good to know she's ahead of schedule developmentally. I also asked about all the cold and he just said that the 2nd winter is the hardest with kids, b/c they have natural immunities for the first 6-12 months of life, and then those go away, so they get hammered the second year.
I put some new videos on Moi's video website.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home