We are excited for baby boy Hogan!
Moira Elizabeth Hogan: "What is this?"

Moira Elizabeth Hogan

Saturday, March 24, 2007

"What is this?"



Amy took these pictures while she watched Moi yesterday.

Moira has been trying to say "what is this?" for months. For awhile, it sounded like s-h-i-t. Now, it sounds more or less like "what is this?". I was using an ink pen and she pointed at it and said "What is this?". We went to the grocery store and it was raining and she pointed up and said "What is this?". I took Moi to my friend Amy's house yesterday so that she could watch her while I got my hair done (I am RED now, by the way). When we got there she pointed at the dishwasher and said something. Amy said that it sounded like she said a sentance (I was in the other room putting her stuff down). I told her that I thought she'd been saying "What is this?" and she said yes, that was what it sounded like. Moira did great there for 4 hours (the longest I've left her with non family). She played with Amy's son Davis. Amy said they chased each other around, played with the bubble machine, watch Baby Einstein, and listed to Moi's Music Class CD. I guess they tried to finger paint but all Moi wanted to do was eat it. We signed up for another session of Music Class. We also signed up for GYMNASTICS!!!!! I am so excited. She has been super bendy & climby lately so I know she will love it. Connor is in her class.

In other "talking sentances" news, she was watching her PBS show called "Boohbah" and on the show they say "I can sing!" and she totally repeated it. Chris and I were like, oh wow, she just repeated that! Also, as of this morning, she requested it, saying "Booh bah" at the tv. She and Chris went for a walk and he said she was yelling "Booh bah" the whole time. She and I went for a walk later in the morning. She went down the alley by us and found this enormous puddle of water. She wanted to play in it, and I figured what the heck. Oh man, we both got soooo dirty. She had a blast though, which is what it's all about. When I finally decided enough was enough, she cried so hard and I had to carry her the whole block home. I noticed that she has 2 top teeth still working on coming in. One is just barely poked through, and the other is just about ready. The bottom I teeth are already in. I think that's what they are called, I teeth.

She has been calling me "mommy". She knows how to get my attention. It is funny, she goes "mama" and then thinks, and will say "mom-my" and then "mom-me" and smiles. I was trying to sneak upstairs to fold some laundry this morning while she hung out with Chris and she was at the gate to upstairs going "mommy! mommy!". So cute and very hard to ignore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home