Watching 3 Kids is hard...
...but not as hard as I would have thought. I wached Gwen's kids, Gavin (4 weeks) and Kendall (2 1/2)today. We went to Gwen's house, b/c it was during Kendall's nap, and Moira was awake. Gwen just had a quick appointment at the salon where she works.Moira did great with me holding Gavin. She cried the minute Gwen handed him to me, but then was totally fine for the next hour. It was interesting b/c I remember when Moira was a newborn, I was so afraid to put her down for the first couple of months whenever she was content. I was afraid she would start crying. I remember Chris would call from work and ask what I was doing, and I would say that I had been sitting in the chair holding Moi for 3 hours straight. He would ask why I didn't put her in the crib, and I was just so afraid that she would cry. Maybe it's experience, maybe it's b/c wasn't my kid, but I couldn't get him comfy, so I put him in the swing. I know it doesn't sound crazy to most people, but putting him in swing was a big step for me. He liked the swing, but he spit up, so I got him out. Then Kendal woke up, after only sleeping for about 15 minutes. She started going "mommy, I have to go potty!" over and over again. I had to coax Moi to walk up the stairs b/c I was holding 4 week old Gavin. That took forever. Thankfully Kendal is still in a diaper, b/c I don't think I got there nearly in time. Kendall said "Where is my mommy? I said I have to go potty FOUR times!". I told her mommy would be home soon. She showed Moi all of her toys. This one toy was funny. Kendal turned it on and it makes noise and Moira would go "Yeah!" and do a little dance, and then Kendal would turn it off and go "ought oh, what do we do?". Moira would repeat "(misc. gibberish) do?". I couldn't believe how well Gavin was waving his head around. I think I saw his first almost smile. It looked like the Elvis one side of the lip up like Moi did before she gave a noticeable smile.
We are excited for baby boy Hogan!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home