We are excited for baby boy Hogan!
Moira Elizabeth Hogan: Mmm... Sardines....

Moira Elizabeth Hogan

Monday, March 19, 2007

Mmm... Sardines....


Today's excitement is that Moira ate what I made for lunch. It's not that she's a super picky eater, it's just that I didn't think that she would really eat what I made. I was feeling like I should make more healthy meals, so I mixed up spiral pasta, spinach whole wheat linguini, diced tomatoes with garlic and olive oil, chick peas, kidney beans, mushrooms- and the secret ingredient- sardines! She liked it! She kept going "mmm.... yummy...." Yes! That's my girl! I took a picture for proof and maybe some inspiration for daddy to eat what I make when I am feeling adventurous.
More excitement- We went to Barnes and Noble and were hanging out in the kids section. There was this 2 or 3 year old boy who she followed around. She went up to him and said "boy!". We have been practicing "boy" and "girl", but I didn't think she understood yet. Also, there was a baby in an infant carrier and she said "baby sleeping".
She has started saying "no" when she shakes her head. I asked if she wanted to go to her room and read books and she said "no" and I asked if she wanted water and she shook her head and said "no". I put her sippy cup of water in the crib in case she wanted some in the middle of the night and she went "noooooooo!" and threw it out. Okay, no water for you!
This morning when she got up, we were reading books and she was on my lap. She went "Dad-die" and got up and looked behind the rocking chair, where he was hiding when they were playing peek-a-boo last night. I think she is confused about when he is here and when he isn't. It's hard for her to understand why he's here for 2 days straight and then many week days she doesn't see him at all. Today for example, she got up at 8 am and went to bed at 7:15, so no daddy. When she gets up in the morning she goes looking for him. She says "hi!" to the bed, like we do on some weekends when he is still sleeping and then she goes looking in the shower for him.
My friend Angela had a little baby girl on friday! She already has a son about 6 weeks older than Moi. I am going to make her a blanket with the left over stuff I have from the "Made for China" project. If you haven't checked it out. Look at the link on the right to see all of the loot they are taking to the orphans. It's pretty impressive!
Moi also started saying "book" and "bubbles".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home