We are excited for baby boy Hogan!
Moira Elizabeth Hogan: Moira, why so screamy?

Moira Elizabeth Hogan

Monday, March 12, 2007

Moira, why so screamy?

Moira seems to be going through a new phase, or possibly it is the 4 teeth she is working on. It's hard to say. Whatever it is, it is making lots of screams/yells/cries from her. Whenever she can't figure something out, she tries really hard to get it and SCREAMS angrily at the top of her lungs, then cries, then screams some more. Also, my little girl who used to smile and say "Hi" to everyone on the street or store is now hiding her face and looking away. Chris took her on a walk downtown and said she was hiding in between his legs anytime anyone tried to say hi. I hear that separation anxiety peaks at 18 months, so I guess maybe we are just going through that a little early. She has also been super cranky/fussy at bed time. I think that might actually be b/c of the teeth. We used to have a nice relaxing pre-bed routine of book reading, diaper change, jammies, etc, and now (the last 4 or 5 nights) she is crying from the whole time. She cried from the moment she got out of the bath last night until we put her in her crib. We tried to speed up the routine, but it can only go so fast. She just wants to sit on my lap and cry. It's so sad! She seems fine most of the day, it's really just close to bed. She used to not let me rub her back in her crib to calm her down, but I have the last couple of days. She used to just want me to pick her up when I did that. It is also possible that she is going through a growth spurt and needs MORE sleep than usual, so tonight, I'm going to try putting her to bed 1/2 hour before I think she really needs to. We'll see how it goes! Today we saw my friend Gwen and her new baby (who is super cute and tiny). I held him for about 30 seconds and Moi screamed and cried the whole time. I tried to show him to her and told her the baby is very nice, but she wanted no part of it. I am supposed to watch him on Thrusday possibly, but fortnatley, it should be during Moi's nap time. I think I will practice holding one of her baby dolls to try to get her used to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home