We are excited for baby boy Hogan!
Moira Elizabeth Hogan: Scoundrel

Moira Elizabeth Hogan

Monday, February 12, 2007

Scoundrel

Every now and then, I call Moira a "scoundrel". To me, this means that she is up to no good, but not really in a malicious manner. Every now and then when we are out and about, I refer to her as "scoundrel", and some people probably think that she just has an odd name. Today she was a scoundrel, but the vote is still out whether or not she was being malicious... I was putting on my makeup. She was grabbing for it, of course (this is why I usually wait until she is asleep, but last minute I thought we'd go to the library before her nap). I let her play with a couple of the blush brushes, which she brushed her hair with, then brushed my hair with. Then she started grabbing for the rest of it. I told her "not for Moira!". This is what we try to say whenever it's not an emergency "no!" situtaion, but want her to stop doing something. I put the makeup up on the dresser. She threw a tantrum about that. I went into the closet to get a shirt to wear, and I heard a big crash and her say "Ought oh...." She had taken the whole basket of makeup and threw it down the stairs overtop of the gate. Nice. I had broken powder, blush, compacts all over the floor. That will show me for putting it up, I guess.
Melissa came over yesterday and brought Moi some weebles. You know, weebles wobble but they don't fall down. She is obcessed with them. She takes them and throws them as hard as she can and laughes like an insane person.
She has some new words- cheese, feet (teet), and Owl (the animal). She also said "Mo" back to her dad when he called her Mo.
I joined a gym last week, but after I spent more time in the child care, I realized that there was a slide that she could climb to the top of, and head dive off of. I asked the childcare lady if someone would see her climbing up it, and she said "not necessarily". I am going to quit and get my money back. I don't know why it is so hard to find a gym with childcare where the kids aren't either at risk for being kidnapped or falling off of something and breaking their necks. I swear this is turning into a full time job!

2 Comments:

At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nana says, I think we can safely say, she meant to at least send the make up downstairs!!

 
At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To clarify, I think she wanted the make up for herself and thought the best way to get it was to bring it downstairs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home