Congrats to Melissa & Misc. updates
Congrats to my friend Melissa who became an aunt this week! Her new niece Amanda was born on Wednesday. Melissa you'll have to send me a pic from your trip this weekend so I can upload and share. Congrats to Grandma Ginger as well! You will make a fabulous grandma and I'm sure you've already got several knitting projects started for little Miss Amanda. I only hope that your new grandma responsibilities will not affect your blog readership... :)
If you click on this picture to make it larger, you can see the molar that is about to surface on her lower left.
Moi hording her stuffed animals.
Chris worked all day Saturday so Moi and I went to Cosi to hang out. I hadn't been there on a weekend for awhile, and was surprised at how crowded it was. Moi just absolutely loves the push toys and cracks me up pushing them all around. She is pretty good at backing them up
and manuvering around people. She went up to this toy that another little girl had and the other little girl said "NO!" to Moira, and Moira shook her head no and shook her finger back at the girl. Also anytime the dog barks really loud, Moi shakes her finger at the dog. Wonder where she learned that from. The picture about is from Cosi. There is this area that has a gorilla, a duck, and a mouse who are supposed to be sick, and you can push these buttons and make noises for their bodily functions. She is afraid of them, especially the gorilla, but she wants me to push them. She stands about 5' away and looks at them and points and does the "more" sign. She also does the baby sign for Monkey/gorilla and quacks at the duck. This other little guy who was 15 months came up to the exhibit and started pushing the buttons and she wansn't going to let him show her up, so she starting pushing them as well.
I am "trying" to get her off of the bottle. I say "trying" b/c I haven't really taken any steps to do so, other than preparing myself mentally for the task. I did cut down on the amt. of bottles that she has per day from 5 to 3 or 4. She just will not drink milk out of a sippy cup. Anytime that I give her a sippy cup, she inspects it to see if the liquid is opaque or not, and then if it is, she starts throwing it everywhere. But the Dr. told me that toddlers only need 4-8 oz. of dairy a day, so she is getting way to much. Sigh. If any experienced mom's out there have any tips, let me know! I am open to suggestions. I guess I should just do it cold turkey if I really want to do it, but she loves her ba ba so much, I just don't think I could do that. She seems healthy and happpy, so I don't really see what the huge deal is. My Dr. was cool about it, he said to just wait until I am feeling up to a challenge, but warned me that it is just going to get harder.
Moi has started saying "please" and "owe". She picked up "owe" really fast. We were playing on our bed after her bath (her very favorite thing in the world to do) and she pounced right on Chris's stomach and he said "owe!" very loud. Right away she started going "owe! owe! owe!". But I don't think she knows what it means, I think she just thinks it's a play word, b/c she's been saying it a lot, and not necessarily when she hurts herself. As far a "please" goes, I have thought for a couple of days that she was saying it, but wasn't sure. My parents are in town and took her to the mall and my mom said that she was saying it very clearly, and then she said it when she got home (in the appropriate context).
All of the sudden Moi has a bunch of hair on her head. She just woke up one day and looked like it had doubled. I love it.
We are excited for baby boy Hogan!

1 Comments:
i like the new pink!
Post a Comment
<< Home