We are excited for baby boy Hogan!
Moira Elizabeth Hogan: Made for China

Moira Elizabeth Hogan

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Made for China



We had our music class last week. Oh, Moira, what a sweetie she is. We have been practicing putting our toys away even when we don't want to, in preparation for music class. This time she did better.... She put them in the bin when it was time to put them away, but she screamed and cried as she was doing it. The teacher said she'd never seen anything like it. The first time she actually threw the maraca AT the bin. The second time she threw it IN the bin, but was crying so hard. She recovers well though, and is fine as soon as the next song starts. Each song has it's own insturment, so we are constantly changing insturments. I think next time will be even better.
A lady in my class has a daughter that she adopted from China, who is now 2 1/2. The mom is going back to China for 2 weeks in March. She isn't getting another baby, she is just very involved helping out with the orphanages. She said there are 14 million little girls who need homes. The mom is taking a bunch of hand made items for the little girls in the orphanges. I asked her about it, to see if there was anything that I could contribute. She game me the website for her sister's blog. Her sister is heading up the effort to collect as many hand made items made as possible. I made 5 of the little "Linus" blankets that she suggests. They are just big enough for a toddler to snuggle with. She gives very good instructions on the website. I will put the link up to the left so anyone else who might be interested in contributing can check it out.
Moira has been calling me "mommy". She says "mommy" every now and then, but I didn't know for sure she meant me until last night. She was playing by herself in the playroom and Chris said "where's mom?" and she went running into the kitchen where I was sewing going "mommy, mommy, mommy!".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home