Happy 15 Month Birthday
My friend Karen from UVA and her husband Zach stopped by to see us on Monday!


This is her new thing, she sticks her tounge to the side whenever she is thinking.
Moira's 15 month birthday started out way better than her 14 month birthday (where she was throwing up everywhere). We went to the zoo and got rained on, but she had fun anyway.
She had her 15 month Dr. visit today. She weighs 23 lbs and is in the 65% for weight and she is 32 1/2" long and is in the 85% for height. The Dr. and I discovered that she is in the process of cutting an upper molar. It is about 1/3 of the way through and looked very painful. The Dr. was surprised that she hasn't been too fussy. She is also about to cut one on the lower right hand side.
This morning we babysat for one of the other little guys in our playgroup. It went well- for about the first 2 mintues! He cried for 2 hours straight after that. I finally got him to calm down about 5 mintues before his mom got here. It was the first time she had left him with anyone but immediate family. I felt like a babysitting failure- I tried all my tricks and nothing worked. He just stood by the door with his face in the door crying and wouldn't let me pick him up or bribe him with any treats. He just held his bottle and his toy hammer the whole time. It was sad. Interestingly, Moira was not phased at all by it. She swiped the popsicle that I tried to bribe Hayden with, and just stood there eating it, not caring at all that some other little boy was in her living room throwing a fit. I took them both up to her room (with him screaming the whole time) and she read a book, then I put her in her crib, carried him downstairs screaming, and she went right to bed and slept for 2.5 hours. So much for sympathy crying! As soon as Hayden's mom got back, he was in a great mood, and wanted to play with all the toys and eat all the delicious treats I tried to offer him the previous hour! I was just glad to see him smile eventually.
I mentioned before that Moi has learned the baby sign for flower. She sniffs and goes "Mmmmmm". Yesterday morning, she gave her dad a kiss before he left for work, and then she sniffed him and went "MMMMMMMM, ummy yummy". Also, I sniffed her later in the day to see if she had a dirty diaper, which she did. She heard me sniff and went "mmmmmm, yummy!". I said, I am sorry, but that does not smell Yummy!
Okay, so the bad news is the Buckeye's lost, but the good news is that Moira won $62.50 in the WD gambling pool, as did Melissa. Melissa is a good gambling square picker!
We are excited for baby boy Hogan!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home