We are excited for baby boy Hogan!
Moira Elizabeth Hogan: Moi's new tricks

Moira Elizabeth Hogan

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Moi's new tricks


Here is Moi sniffing a flower. It's her new favorite thing to do.
I think she would have stayed looking at the fish all day if I let her.


We went the the Franklin Park Conservatory today. See above pics. She waved at everyone there, more than once. She remembered that there are usually trains outside in the park area. They weren't running today. She was doing the more sign and looking in all the tunnels trying to find them.
So I am pretty sure Moi is finally calling me "ma ma". For the longest time whenever I would try to get her to say ma ma, she would reply "da da". Now she will say "ma ma" back to me, and she has been hugging me and saying "ma ma". Before bed, she looked up at me and said "bad ma ma!" and then laughed. Not sure what she was trying to say, since I don't think I ever say "bad" around her, but it was funny. I switched her brand of baby wipes and she has a rash, so I guess I am a "bad" ma ma.
She will now give hugs and kisses on demand. When she hugs, she rests her head on your shoulder and pats your back.
Right before she went to bed tonight, Chris called to tell me that he would be home late. We decided to put him on speaker phone so that he could say goodnight. In heinsight, that was a bad idea, since you can't really expect a 15 month old to understand the telephone. She heard his voice and went "da da?" and was looking at the phone very puzzled, almost like she was going to cry. He said goodnight a couple of times, and she just kept backing away from the phone, like she was afraid of it. Then after we hung up, she went to the door of her room and started pounding at it going "da da! da da!" And then she saw the phone on the dresser and was doing her baby sign for "more" and saying "da da", like she wanted more da dad. So sad! I called him back so she could hear his voice again. When we hung up she was going "bye bye da da". She has been saying bye bye recently. I was afraid that this would rile her up so much that she wouldn't be able to sleep, but it sounds like she is asleep now.
She has learned the baby signs for flower and dog. She sniffs at all the flowers we see. It took forever to get through the conservatory today! The dog sign is to pant and beg like a dog. She pants whenever she sees Kodos and dogs in books and waves her arms around.
She has these 3 favorite books that she loves. They look like they would be for older kids, but she loves them. They came in a set and they are songs, nursery rhymes, and fairy tales. I am so sick of them! If I try to read her another book, she shakes her head no and throws them across the room. I sing the songs and the nursery rhymes, so maybe she just loves my lovely (not) singing voice. Actually, she does have one other book she likes called "Zoo". It is from like 1950 and has big colorful zoo pictures. I got it at the church yardsale on Patterson. She does like the book with baby faces in it that the Hogan's got her for Christmas. She waves at all the babies and pretends to wash herself when she looks at it. I'm not sure what that is all about...
She is making some animal sounds. If I hold up a duck, she quacks. If we look at a sheep, she goes baaaaa. Actually, she is really good at sheep. I just have to say "sheep" and she will go baaaaa. Today, she was picking up her cat stuffed animal going "wow wow wow". I was trying to figure out what she was saying, then I figured out that she was trying to say "meow".

2 Comments:

At 11:30 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Hi there. Your post is so funny and also sad to me. Funny because the same things have happened to my kids - Sammi can't use any wipes except Pampers sensitive. Also one of them was very confused by the speakerphone. Sad because I don't remember which one! Jacob also went through a phase of sniffing flowers non-stop, even fake ones.
Your post also makes me sad because I used to read so many books with Jacob and taught him all the animal noises, but now Sammi is on her own. Poor 2nd child!

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Meg Hogan said...

Moira is a Huggies Natural Care girl. I'm sure the second kid learns lots of valuable things from the first kids though, right? Like how to dig into the Halloween candy stash and how to make fart noises.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home