Happy 14 Month Sick Birthday




Yesterday we went to the Westerville library story time. They have cancelled the age group story times for the holidays, but once a week they have an all ages story time. It was dangerously close to Moi’s naptime, but I needed to go to the library anyway to check my e-mail since our internet was down, so I figured we’d give it a shot. It was pretty packed with kids from 6 months old to kids 5 or 6 years old. When we went in, they were playing light classical music. I wouldn’t really call it dance music, but nonetheless, Moi was up front rockin’ out. The leader of the story time said “She looks ready to dance”. I informed her that Moi is always ready to dance. She was the only kid dancing, by the way. After that as people shuffled in, Moi made herself the welcome committee and went around the circle of chairs with the adults sitting in them and waved to every single one. She got lots of smiles and waves back. Once the story time started, I knew I was in for trouble, b/c she is not really capable of sitting down and listing to a long story. The bigger kids were into it, and most of the little kids sat there in their mom’s arms patiently, but not my Moi. She figured out where the music (which was turned off) was coming from and went up to the stereo and tried to turn it on, and looked at me doing the “more” sign. She wanted more music. Well, this wasn’t music time, it was storytime, so she was out of luck. She ran around the room the rest of storytime, while I followed behind, trying to keep her out of trouble. I tried to get her to sit on my lap, but she just screamed, so I gave up, figuring it wouldn’t hurt anything to let her run around. She went up to this little girl who had very long pretty hair, and started patting her on the head. I think she thought she was an animal, b/c I’ve never seen her do that to a person. Finally, at the end of the storytime, the leader got out some bells and put on some music, so she got to dance for about 5 minutes. As we were leaving, this little girl who was about 5 pointed to Moi and said “Why is he so silly?” I just said “She is a happy girl”. The little girl replied “I like him!”.
After storytime and a nap, we went to Cosi. She had fun and did lots of running around. We closed the place down, and it took forever to get home traveling in rush hour. We met my friend Jennifer's friend, who just moved to town from Arizona. She has a little boy who is 16 months old. He is very cute and smart. He know over 200 words his mom said! We will have to hang out with them more so he can teach Moira how to talk. He wanted the toy Moira had and he went up to her and said "Share please". I couldn't believe it!
Moira celebrated her 14 month birthday by throwing up all over herself and me all day long. She seems to be doing better now. I have been giving her small does of pedialyte/apple juice/water, and since 2 pm she's kept it down. She just had a mini rice cake, so we'll see how that goes.
We are excited for baby boy Hogan!

1 Comments:
I think it probably says something about my psyche that when I saw that pic of Moira, the first thing that jumped into my head was "Monty Python and the Holy Grail"!
Sorry to hear she's feeling a little icky. I hope she's up and driving mom and dad crazy again in no time.
Post a Comment
<< Home