We are excited for baby boy Hogan!
Moira Elizabeth Hogan: Vacation Day 4- Zoo

Moira Elizabeth Hogan

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Vacation Day 4- Zoo

Vacation Day 4 was pretty much consumed by a trip to the Brevard Zoo, just north of Vero. Chris and I have been there twice before. It is a smallish zoo, but it is great, b/c you can really get up close to all the animals and it is very interactive. Moira absolutley loved it. All she wanted to do was walk around. And if there were any kids in the area, she would make a bee line for them, get up in their face and point at them, and then follow them around. I knew if I dressed her in something not pink, everyone would think that she was a boy. I was right. This one large family, who was apparently home schooling, came up to her and said, "Look, that little boy
is wearing pink shoes!". Nice. They have this feeding area for giraffes that is right at the level of the giraffes heads. It is really cool. We fed them a couple of crackers. The giraffes just stand there with their heads on the rails really pitifully and wait for their treats.



Moira checking out an ant eater


Moira checking out a deer. I don't know if this is the same one that's been there for 3 years, but there is alwasy one at this exact spot in the zoo. They have machines that you can pay 25 cents and get some deer food, which of course I always have to do.
Moi is excited about the aunt eater.
Chris got pooped on by a bird, which is even more hilarious if you know how much he hates birds. They were swarming us at lunch in the outdoor cafe! It was kind of crazy, even for me, who doesn't even hate birds. Laura- you would have died!
Here is Moi walking towards the "prohibited" swamp area.
I had to put her on my head to get her to stop going for it.
Here is the giraffe, begging for treats.


Moira clutching her new giraffe stuffed animal that we bought for her and drinking her bottle, as we exit the zoo. She was tuckered out from all that walking.
Moi in her nightgown, a present from Julie, Sarah, & Natalie, before bed.

Today- So I was eating a bowl of cereal on the ground, and Moi came up and got in my face like "whatcha got". I went "Ma ma ma ma" in her face, and she took both hand and slapped both sides of my face really hard, and then went "Ha ha ha". Thanks!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home