We are excited for baby boy Hogan!
Moira Elizabeth Hogan: Happy Birthday Moira! Vacation Day 1- Airplane & Ocean

Moira Elizabeth Hogan

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Happy Birthday Moira! Vacation Day 1- Airplane & Ocean

Moira turned 1 on Saturday October 7th! She had a great birthday, considering she was sitting on an airplane for 4 hours of it. More updates later in the week.






Our vacation began at 4:30 am. Neither Chris or I had slept all night. He didn't sleep b/c there was a party going on across the street, but worse than that, the cops who came to break it up were louder than the party! I was sleeping on the couch, b/c my cat ran away the day before (still looking for poor kitty :(, which I will not mention again unless she is found b/c it makes me too sad) and I was hoping that she would return to the front or back porch and meow to be let in. No luck. Moira slept fine that night, amidst the craziness, which would be a foreshadow to how well she slept on vacation! We made it to the airport in plenty of time. The security gave me no grief about the Gerber graduates food I brought with me in plastic bags or the baby motrin. I was concerned about the security restrictions on liquids, but it was fine. Moi was fussy when we got on the plane, and I could barely hold on to her, she was thrashing around so hard. As soon as we took off, she sat on Chris's lap and looked out the window almost the entire flight to Charlotte, which was about an hour. Whew! Then, she walked around the airport during our layover and entertained everyone waiting for their flight. Everyone was guessing that she was 15 or 16 months old by how well she can walk. I have determined that some people love babies, and I love those people. Some people hate babies, and I want nothing to do with those people! The flight to West Palm Beach started rough, with Moira screaming as we sat down. I got lots of dirty looks. She was fine once the plane took off, and slept on Chris's lap.
Once we got into West Palm, we picked up the rental car and headed to Vero Beach. Chris's Aunt Jeanne manages a very cool Inn there, and we have been there 3 out of the last 4 years. It is right on the beach and is very fun. We got to the Driftwood and greated Aunt Jeanne and introduced her to Moira, then we got Moira to take a nap in the pack and play. She actually did! I brought her sheets from home, which I had slept with for the week before so they had my scent. We also brought her lullabye CD, so everything would be as familiar as possible. Chris and I got dinner ordered from the restaurant on the premesis, and after Moira's nap, we hit the beach. She was so entranced by it. She was shaking with fear and delight. She would go near it and then not move at all, just shake her head back and fourth. We moved her further back as the tide rushed in, and she knew just how far to walk so that the tide would be up to her knees. After all the excitement of the day, she slept all night from 7pm to 7 am! More updates on the rest of the vacation to come.

The painter starts tomorrow at the new house! Also, Moira is now not only walking, but she is running! She runs to me from room to room. She doesn't fall down as much as you might think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home