We are excited for baby boy Hogan!
Moira Elizabeth Hogan: Swim Lessons

Moira Elizabeth Hogan

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Swim Lessons



Moira had her first swim lesson today! She really liked it, although what I think she liked the most was walking around the locker room before the class began. I swear she walked about 30 feet without falling down. The class was good. There were about 10 babies, including Connor and Aidan. First, we held them in the deep part of the pool while the instructor led some songs. She squeeled in delight when we first went into the water. Then, we walked around in a circle and created a whirlpool. The instructor told us to dunk the kids under water so they get used to it. That didn't go so well. I think maybe I did something wrong, b/c she got a mouth full of water and they she was crying lots. But she calmed down when we went into the "lazy river" that they have, which is actually very cool. Then we went into a water bubble tub area, she liked that. Then, it was time for play time, so we went to the area where the kids can walk around. They have these huge pipes that make a play area and they spill and sprout water here and there. She was intrigued by them when we first arrived, but after the class, she was timid and just wanted me to hold her. I think she was still in shock from getting dunked. Overall, it went very well, and I think it will be a great 6 week class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home