Moira gets a new house! (Hopefully)
Hopefully our new home!
Living room- picture it w/o the hideous couches
Moi's room
Moira Models in the family room
Downstairs bath
BackyardWarning (mom!)- I am not spell checking or grammar checking. No time.
A lot has happened this week. We made an offer on an 1875 (not 1975!) house in Olde Westerville and it was accepted! Chris and I were looking at realtor.com and came across an interesting looking house in a part of town that we hadn't thought of before. Historic Olde Westerville is very charming and quite hopping with activity. Otterbein College is located there, and their downtown is full of unique shops, lining the main street. The house is just blocks from the downtown, althought the neighborhood is quaint and quiet. Moira and I will have other places to walk than CVS, which we walk to about 3 times a week. There is an Old Bag of Nails Pub, hair salons, amish furniture stores, you name it! We checked out the house from the outside- looked good. We called our realtors to get us in. Moira and I checked it out on Monday. I fully expected to be dissapointed, but each room I went into, I exclaimed "Wow!". Not that all the rooms were the greatest ever, but I was not disappointed. Chris came out Tuesday and also fell in love with it. It has the most amazing yard ever. Really. It is on a double lot, and has a barn that is also a garage (master plan to turn the second floor into a game/workout room), it has 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths (kind of, the upstairs one is lacking a shower, but it has a tub), a surprisingly nice bright green kitchen with hardwood floor, a family room off of the living room, and a great living room with original 2' wide hardwood floors that look spectacular. It has one bedroom downstairs, and I think we will make that the workout room. The room upstairs that will be Moi's room is already ready for a little girl. It has pink, purple and green wallpaper. It is not what I would have picked, but it is cute and it will do for a couple of years until she can pick her own theme. It also has carpet, which is practical. Our bedroom upstairs is a good size and it has a walk-in closet. All of the colors are good, and we wouldn't need to paint, but the living room and play rooms are screaming "yellow" to me. The front porch is soooo charming. I love it. It's been recently updated with great brick pavers. There is also a great brick paver patio out back that has a firepit off of it. There is a wonderful wood swingset out back that will stay with the house. There is space behind the wooden privacy fence for Chris to put his basketball court. Some of you might think our home purchase is out of the blue, but we have been looking online for quite awhile now. WE are just super picky and nothing has come up for sale that interested us.
We still need the house to pass the inspection later this week so keep your fingers crossed for us!
Moira took a couple of steps yesterday and today. She can climb all the way up the stairs to the upstairs. It is her favorite thing to do. She always goes upstairs, to the bathroom, and heads right for the bathtub and looks in it and bangs on it, like she wants to take a bath.
She ate spinach from a jar like a champ. I was super surprised.
We visited with Stephanie and Joey this week. Moira tuckered Joey out. At the end of our visit, he was tired of chasing her around and just passed out on the floor!
Moi's other top tooth is popping though. It looks narly. I baby orajeled her up and baby Motrined her up before bed. She was on and off fussing all last night.
She was waving at everyone in Target today. It was so cute.
Megan and Denison came over for a visit Wed. Denison is getting so big! I haven't seen him in 2 months. He looks like such a little man. Moira was super excited to see him and kept going "ahh ahh ahh" like a machine gun and hitting him in the face. Poor Dens. He took it like a champ. Then she emptied out all of his toys from Megan's bag and stuck his paci in her mouth.



Moira and Joey- Redheaded partners in crime. Steph and I talked about how EVERYONE asks "where did he/she get that red hair!!??" She is blonde, but I thought I could still pass for a redish head. Apparently not.
We are excited for baby boy Hogan!

2 Comments:
So exciting! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. The backyard looks fabulous! Moira will be so happy about the swing set. Congrats!
I love your new home! Hope you will be moved in soon.
Lynne
Post a Comment
<< Home