The Pool
Moira's new favorite activity is emptying the contents of the pack and play organizer. She is so darn tall. I keep having to clear off more and more shelves, b/c she can reach higher and higher everyday.
We went to the pool for playgroup today. I was afraid that we weren't going to make it, b/c of Moira's nap schedule. She took a 2 hour and 45minute nap this am though, so we were good to go! I spent 30 minutes at the house lathering her down with sunscreen on ever square inch of her. She already looked tired when we got there, but she had fun. We went to the big pool first. She is so independant. She kept trying to push away from me, so she could swim by herself (I guess that's what she was trying to do.) We had to leave the big pool and go to the baby pool so she could walk around by herself. They have this giant turtle that the babies can bang on.
Look at how nicely her hair is coming in!
This is Hayden. Look at his great hair! His mom Angela gave me some of her shaved ice so that I could spoon some to Moira. She liked that. It probably feels good on that upper tooth she is working on. Angela had a cup of water and ice. Moira went over and climbed in her lap and she was trying to drink her water. Angela let her have some. Moira just wanted more and more, even though she had just had an 8 oz bottle. Hayden did not like Moira sitting on his mom's lap drinking her water. Hayden is also obcessed with cups. That was a funny little battle. I finally took Moira away and gave her a sippy cup of juice water.
Here is Moira and her buddy Aidan. Aidan has swiped all of Moira's toys. Aidan's mom is 20 weeks pregnant. In fact, I was the only mom at playgroup who wasn't pregnant again! All 3 of the other moms are due with their second child. The other 2 are just in their first trimester, however.
Connor couldn't make it to the pool b/c he has contagious coxsakie virus. It gives you a rash on your hands, feet and mouth. Wendy thinks he got it from the pool last week. Well, as soon as we got there, one of the mom's noticed that her little guy had a rash on guess where- hands and feet! So... we are hoping that none of the other babies get that. Apparently it's not that bad, but it does require quarantine, which would be no fun.
Moira got up screaming her head off twice last night. She wouldn't take a bottle. I couldn't get her calmed down, so I ended up laying her back in bed both times, and she went to sleep by herself after a couple more minutes of crying. I'm not sure what the problem was. I probably shouldn't have even messed with her, but I went into her room to check on her after she had been crying for 5-10 minutes and she just stands there at the edge of the crib and puts her arms up for me to pick her up. How can I not? Hopefully tonight will be better. That upper tooth looks pretty painful.
We are excited for baby boy Hogan!

1 Comments:
Keep up the good work. thnx!
»
Post a Comment
<< Home