BIG NEWS






Moira took her first steps today! Chris and I were in her room this am, getting her ready for her nap. She stood up in the middle of the room (not holding on to anything) and stood there for a few seconds. I held out my arms and said "Come here!" and she got a big grin and took about 2 steps and fell into my arms. So exciting! I was so glad Chris was there to see it as well. She is not ready to walk far yet, but my gosh, she's sure come a long way in the last week.
Yesterday, Moira and I went to Cosi by ourselves. It was super crowded. When we went into the Kids Space (after a rude lady aggressively cut in front of us) I was overwhelmed by the amount of screaming toddlers. I kind of even hesitated to get her out of the stroller, since I was picturing all of the germs and trompeling toddlers, but I figured we can't live our lives in our living room, so out we went. We tried to find a calm space, away from the path of traffic of the running kids. I thought we had done a good job. We found a little corner where there was a colorful geometric shape ramp, but this little kids, about 4 years old, had a huge dump truck that he wanted to run up and down the ramp. At least he gave us some warning by screaming "Move baby!", as he ran with his truck up the ramp. I just had time to move Miss Moi Moi out of the way or she would have been road kill. This kid had no parental supervision in sight. Nice. After that, I took her to the water area. I was impressed how she could stand up with the big kids and play in the water river thing. She kept wanting to put everything in her mouth, and I felt like this was too germy and the other parents probably wouldn't appreciate that either. So.... we found another quite corner, but then some loud, rude kids took that over also. Finally, we ended up at the push toys. First, she walked and pushed the riding toy around, while I held her from behind. She was doing most of the work; I was just making sure she didn't fall. Then, I pushed her around while she was riding it. She liked that. I figured she had enough after 10 minutes, but when I took her off, she tried to get back on. After that, we walked to the ocean exhibit. It is very dark and it makes a lot of weird noises, so I thought she might be afraid, but she wasn't. She liked looking at all the fountains.
She is still getting up once a night. I think it might be gas. I usually end up giving her a bottle, and there are a lot of gas issues going on. She usually only wakes up once, though, so I guess I can't complain too much.
We are excited for baby boy Hogan!

2 Comments:
Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»
I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»
Post a Comment
<< Home