We are excited for baby boy Hogan!
Moira Elizabeth Hogan: Eli's Visit

Moira Elizabeth Hogan

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Eli's Visit

My good friend from UVA, Jennifer Wortzel, and her husband Brian & 8 month old baby Eli are in town from Arizona for her brother's wedding. Friday, they came over for a visit. Eli and Moira got to meet for the first time. Of course, we all took many pictures to capture their first play date, hopefully the first of many through the years! Last night, Chris and I babysat Eli while Jen & Brian attended the rehearsal dinner. It seemed to go well. It's funny, Eli is more Chris's speed than Moira. Moira is never content for more than 30 seconds to just sit on his lap while he makes funny faces at her. Eli did that for 1/2 an hour while I gave Moira a bath and put her to bed. He just sat on Chris's lap sucking his thumb the whole time! We let Kodos in the living room and Eli burst into tears as soon as he saw her! (I forgot to tell Jen that). He just seemed to be tired, so I tried to get him to fall asleep, but it was not working. I fed him some sweet potatoes and Cheerios, and he liked that. Then I tried to get him to fall asleep again. This time it worked. He slept on my lap for about 45 minutes, then he woke up and was very confused and unhappy about where he was. I tried to get him to fall back asleep, but no dice. I just put in baby einstein and put a maraca in his hand, and he did fine for the last 20 minutes until mom & dad came home. Today, Chris and I are going to the hotel to watch Eli & Moira and then Chris is going to take Moira home and put her to bed while I stay with Eli. Here is the first round of pictures from the visit so far.

Here is Eli in Moira's high chair, eating sweet potatoes.

Here is Moira trying to take her maraca away from Eli. They both LOVE maracas.


There is no mistaking Eli's "poop" face!

Here is Jennifer meeting Moira for the first time.


Moira & Eli, jamming on the piano.



Here is a close up of Eli
Here are Jen, Eli, Moira and I.


Here is Eli using the portable high chair that Moira let him borrow.


Here is Eli eating off of Moira's plate.


One last picture of all of us, on our favorite photo spot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home