We are excited for baby boy Hogan!
Moira Elizabeth Hogan: Thanks for the Blankies Great Grandma!

Moira Elizabeth Hogan

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Thanks for the Blankies Great Grandma!

Moira received 2 silky purple blankies from her Great Grandma Russell. They are perfect little lovies for her. Everybody says it is good for the babies to have a security object b/c when they start walking and adventuring around their world. They take the blankie instead of Mom. Also, it comforts them when they sleep. She seems to have taken to the blankies very well. She crawls around her crib and carries them with her.
Moira is standing up pretty well now. It is tricky though, b/c that is all she wants to do in her crib. She stands up and looks over the edge, then she drops her paci over the edge. I need to put like 5 of them in there. Today she was standing up on the coffe table and holding on with one hand and holding a rattle with the other hand. And then she fell down... She's adventurous though.
Moi is also showing an independant side to her personality. She wants to feed herself her solids, and has less interest in spoon fed things. I give her one spoon to hold and shove food in with another spoon. We will probably start working towards "stage 3"foods. I think if I put a pile of spinach in front of her, she'd probably eat it all! Also, she wants to feed herself her bottle or sippy cup. Sometime I try to hold it for her and she smacks it out of my hand. I assume that she doesn't want anymore, but often that's not the case. She just wants to feed herself.
Another obcession of hers is ripping the glasses off of my face. I am going to the eye dr. this afternoon to see if I can get fitted for contacts again. Last time it didn't work, b/c they rotated too much. Hopefully this new Dr. can find a kind that works for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home