Moira Hearts Gavin
We spent most of the day babysitting my friend Gwen's little boy Gavin. Gavin is about 20 months old and all boy! He is such a good little boy, just typical active and HEAVY, hee hee. Moi was so excited this morning when I told her Gavin was coming over. She said "oh, Gavin loves books and Dora! I'm going to share my Dora music books with him!" He does LOVE books and Dora, it was true. She went downstairs and rounded up her THREE music playing Dora books, her set of mini Dora books and her other Dora paraphenalia. Gwen said they'd be over between 9-10, so from about 9:01, Moi kept asking over and over when Gavin was getting here. As soon as they did (closer to 10), Moira went in and turned on her Polar Express Soundtrack (thanks Missy!) and started dancing for him and said "Gavin, I like you! Would you like to dance!" Oh, hopefully she'll always have such confidence with the men, hee hee. Wait, maybe that's a bad thing.... They did great together. Our friends Megan and Denison came over also and we had lunch and played. Gavin went down great for a nap at 1 and Moi would not let me speak above a whisper while he was sleeping so I didn't wake him up. She did that last time we babysat for him as well. Of course, dancing on her dance mat is perfectly acceptable... When I told her he had to go home, she was so upset and went on and on like this "Oh, but I don't want him to go. I really really like him. He is special. He is my favorite. I like him. Can we go to his house?" Gavin also seemed upset to leave and when he saw his aunt come to pick him up, he went "No! Moi Moi!" and ran and hugged her and made me chase him around and around in circles trying to get his shoes and coat on while his aunt switched the car seat. Speaking of that, I am sooooo glad that I am in my third trimester and I have a 3 year old girl and not a 20 month old boy. Gavin is a really good boy, but it is still so much more work than with Moira! He needs to be chased and held down for diaper change (Moi goes pee pee and poo all by herself with no help at all), he still needs chased down and for putting coat on, still needs lifted into booster seat for lunch. It's just a lot more work, especially the cleaning up after part. I can usually keep Moi busy for quite awhile with a coloring book or a movie, whatnot, but Gavin dumped out ALL of our toys, multiple times. It was totally fine and fun for a morning, but like I said, makes me thankful that even though Moi can be a handful, she is a lot easier than a 20 month boy(or girl for that matter)! When Gavin left I said "wasn't that fun, it was kind of like having a baby brother!" She said "no, it was like having a school friend over!" I guess she knows the difference between a baby and an almost 2 year old... Speaking of school. Moi has still been anti-school. She didn't cry when I dropped her off Friday, but she sure wanted to. She was doing a great job being brave. When I went to pick her up, the pink teacher (Moi's favorite) asked me to sign an "incident report" b/c a kid hit her in the back and they said it left a mark (I looked later and the mark was gone). They didn't tell me in more detail what exactly happend, but I guess it's school policy not to narc. I was curious to see what happened, but didn't want to relive the trauma, so we just talked about school a little bit. I asked her if all the kids were nice at school and she said "Yes... (thinking a little while)... No! BLANK hit me on the back and it really hurt!" Later she told me she doesn't like school b/c she tries to clean up really well at clean up time and all the other kids knock all the toys down. She said that BLANK hit her b/c she was trying to put away the blocks at clean up time and she told him "no" and he hit her in the back! She also said she cried and cried for me but I wasn't there. Talk about tugging on the heart strings. It is funny/ironic that she is so concerned with cleaning up b/c she certainly does not seem that way at home! I am interested to see how she does going to school tomorrow, but it is Tuesday and BLANK isn't in that class, so hopefully it will be okay...
Yesterday I was nesting (see post on other blog to come soon) and I needed some space. Chris took Moi to Portsmouth to visit the grandparents. It was the only place she agreed to go without me. He takes her out like this a lot, he is a good daddy, but yesterday's trip to me was significant b/c when they came home he said she was happy the whole time (she usually has a point during any trip where she whines to go home) and then she even told him unsolicited when they got home "I had so much fun with you today Daddy!" We've started working really hard trying to explain to her that other people are going to have to help her, not just mommy, when she wants something, and that she needs to learn to wait for things. It's going to take awhile (hopefully less than 9 1/2 weeks), but we are making some progress. I just keep explaining over and over and over how when the baby comes, Mommy can't do EVERYTHING, she needs to accept help from others. I figure better now than later, so she can just resent the idea of baby, not the actual baby when he shows up ;)
I forgot a funny story from Thanksgiving morning. When I opened her door on Thanksgiving morning she declared "I want pumpin pie!" I just thought that was funny. Of course I was in charge of pumpkin pie for Thankgiving dinner, so I went ahead and got us a piece to share.
Moi was just in the bathroom by herself and came running out and said "I dried the bathroom floor with a towel b/c I got some pee pee on it!" I guess I'd better go figure out which towel that is...
We are excited for baby boy Hogan!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home