Today Moi didn't want to go to school. She was on the verge of tears when I dropped her off, but she was trying so hard not to cry. I figured even if she did cry, she's snap out of it eventually. When I went to pick her up, the "pink" teacher said she burst into tears as soon as I left. The pink teacher said she asked her "why are you crying? you never cry?" and Moira thought for a minute and said "I don't know" stopped crying and was fine for the rest of the time. The "pink teacher"'s name is Mrs. Beckert. All afternoon, I had to pretend to be Mrs. Beckert and she was Moira and she kept making me things and bringing them to me. Oh and the teachers gave the kids flowers to pick out to take to mommy for thanksgiving. Moira said she was going to give hers to daddy. Somebody was like "aww... she must be a daddy's girl!"
Moi is really awesome on the computer. REALLY. AWESOME. She likes the games on Nick Jr. She can scroll from game to game, and now she's learned how to print her artwork as well (which is really running down our printer ink...)
Today before bed Moira asked if the baby was going to be "white, brown or black". Not sure where that came from. Although the other day she was just staring at her hand and looked at me and said "mommy, I'm really white". I am not sure where this cultural awareness has come from. Also, Moi and I were laying on the bed today for our afternoon siesta, and she was laying her head on my belly. She looked at me really funny and said "what is wrong with your belly? It's growling? Are you hungry?" I said "no, that's just the baby moving around". She said "no, you are just hungry, let's go downstairs and get you some food".
We are excited for baby boy Hogan!

1 Comments:
Meg, I know I say this all the time but she is soooo stinkin' smart! How funny she asked about the color of the baby :)
I really hope Chris is able to spend Thanksgiving not working and w/ his family. You are WAY more patient then I could ever be about that.
I can just picture her saying that you need to watch her in the mall...she is so funny!
Oh, and what did she ruin in the living room? Just to make you feel better, Abby took an entire cup of fruit punch (she opened up her sippy cup) and spilled it all over my carpet...I thought I was going to come unglued when she did that.
Post a Comment
<< Home