We are excited for baby boy Hogan!
Moira Elizabeth Hogan: Breaking all the rules

Moira Elizabeth Hogan

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Breaking all the rules

Moira has kodos trapped up here, but she said that "Kodos and I escaped"!
The cat has been very into snuggling with Moi. Probably b/c she always has food.

So it's been a loooooong week. Chris worked a ton. Think 7 am until midnight. Yeah. That left Moi and I to our own devices. This weekend he worked both days as well (I have a feeling next week will be even longer...) Also, Moi has been nursing a cold and kind of crabby. We've been kind of breaking all the rules just to get through the day. I don't have many rules, as most of you know. However, one of those rules is no nukies downstairs. We've broken that rule a couple of times... Also any rules I had about tv viewing amount/pumpkin pie consumption is also down the tube. But I don't feel bad, we're doing what we're doing to get through the day. Moi has decided to name one of her nuks "Valerie" which is weird/funny. "Valerie" is one of friends of Ruby on Max & Ruby so I guess that's where she got that. But the green nuk is "Valerie" fyi. Oh and I told her we should take her nuks and mail them to the babies that need one, and she said she was going to take daddy's tv and mail it to the babies that need one. I guess that was a threat, like you take away something I love and I will take away something Daddy loves. I guess good for me that she is threatening him and not me. I will say that the tv in the bedroom has been awesome. With her not napping I was having a hard time getting her to chill during the day. Now from 1-2 we lay down and she watches Caillou and Curious George on PBS and I have actually been able to get some shut eye, if only for 5 or 10 minutes, but it's been helping. Also, I made the executive decision to hire a house cleaning service. Best idea ever! They came Saturday for the initial cleaning and it feels soooo good. We're just having them come once a month but may bump it up to twice a month once the baby comes. It's just so nice to sit on the couch and know there aren't 1 million dust bunnies underneath and the shower is spotless. I love it.
So Moi had some sort of "butt crack" issue going the last 24 hours. Those are her words and not mine. She started holding it and I asked her if she had to go poo and she said "no, I just have a crack in my butt". This was funny at first, but then a few minutes later she started SCREAMING AND CRYING wincing in pain saying something was hurting her butt crack. She wanted to sit on a soft pillow. Every time she'd move she'd scream and cry. She finally calmed down for a bit and then we went for a bath and as soon as she touched the water she started screaming. This morning she seemed fine but as soon as she got active, she started screaming and crying again. I knew I was going to have to look and I knew she wouldn't like it, but I bribed her with a toy. I didn't see anything wrong, and she's been fine since then, so hopefully the "butt crack crisis" is over.
Moi doesn't seem to like the cold weather. She literally did not leave the house all weekend. I only did for a few hours yesterday when Nana and Pop came to babysit so Chris and I ran a few errands and went to a fancy dinner at Bob Evans. She was in her sleeper 75% of the weekend, naked 20% and in clothes 5%. I think we are going to be staying in a lot this winter. I am trying to think of fun crafts/projects that will not trash the house so if anyone has any ideas, let me know!
Very unsolicited today Moi just said "I'm going to be a very good big sister for your baby".
P.S. My camera is broken :( I can still use it but the battery cover won't close on it's own, and I have to tape it up. It sucks through batteries in like one day. So.... if you are a grandparent type trying to figure out what to get me for Christmas... consider youself suggested...

3 Comments:

At 4:01 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Too funny to me because I did all the same things during my second pregnancy. I used to take naps in bed while Jacob watched t.v. and would wake up to find quite a mess of everything he dragged out of my bathroom and bedside drawers while I snoozed....And as you can tell from my past blogs, my kids tend to stay in feet jammies all through the winter. The only thing messing that up now is kindergarten 5 days a week. I say put your feet up, let someone else clean the house and don't get dressed all day! And watch out. If you get too used to Chris working all the time, you'll end up like me and feel put off when your husband comes home early and acts like he lives in the house too!

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger heidi schaeffer said...

meg - I am laughing so hard about the "butt crack issue" i can hardly stand it! I hope all is well "there" - poor Moira!

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger heidi schaeffer said...

...and you can break all of the "rules" you want - you're pregnant...and pretty much a single parent these days! i hope that you're feeling well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home