Misc.
Moira did not want to go to school this morning. She was trying to be brave and almost made it in w/o crying, but as soon as she was in and realized I walked away, she came running back out for me. I left her crying pitifully, but the teachers told me when I picked her up, it only lasted about 3 minutes. I don't know what happened, we had been doing so well! But, as long as it only lasts a few minutes, it is fine. The teachers write up a report of what they did during the day and it said that they started a project that they are working on for Christmas presents for mom and dad, and don't ask them about it b/c it's a surprise. Moira told me right away that Mrs. Beckert helped them make butterscotch cookies with whip cream frosting for Christmas. I hope that's really what it is b/c that sounds fabulous! She didn't seem to understand that they were still at school though and didn't believe me that they weren't in her backpack and spent about an hour looking all over the house for them. There is one little girl that Moi always talks about named Lucy, and I asked the teachers which little girl that was. The teachers pointed her out to me and said that she and Moira play together pretty much all the time. That is cute. I am not sure who Lucy's mom is but I will have to figure that out and try to arrange a play date. When I was telling Chris that story tonight Moira heard me and said "Lucy is my favorite. I love her". I told Moi tonight before bed that she was a very good girl today. She said "at school?" I said "All day, at school and at home" She got the biggest smile and said that I was a very good girl today too.
We had another head trauma last night. She was trying to climb up to our bed like she does a million times a day and she slipped and hit her forehead (the exact opposite side as her stitches) on the metal frame of our bed that holds up the box springs. It seemed pretty bad, but not as bad as the last time. It was really indented, but not bleeding. I was more worried about concussion b/c they say that when it's not bleeding externally, it can bleed internally. I called Chris and said "Please come home now" b/c I didn't know if an urgent care/ER visit would be necessary. Poor Moi kept saying "Oh no! Did I break my head again?" I tried to tell her it wasn't as bad and she was saying "Yes it is!" I let her have her nukie downstairs and turned on a show. She said "Do you know what kind of feeling I have?" I said what, and she said "A sick kind of feeling!" I asked her what I could do to make her feel better and she said "I need..... SAUSAGE!!!!" So I whipped up some Jimmy Dean and she ate about 1/2 a link of sausage. I slipped some tylenol in a smashed up Popsicle and spoon fed it to her. By the time Chris got home a half hour later she said "I am happy now!" So no ER visit last night, whew.
We had another head trauma last night. She was trying to climb up to our bed like she does a million times a day and she slipped and hit her forehead (the exact opposite side as her stitches) on the metal frame of our bed that holds up the box springs. It seemed pretty bad, but not as bad as the last time. It was really indented, but not bleeding. I was more worried about concussion b/c they say that when it's not bleeding externally, it can bleed internally. I called Chris and said "Please come home now" b/c I didn't know if an urgent care/ER visit would be necessary. Poor Moi kept saying "Oh no! Did I break my head again?" I tried to tell her it wasn't as bad and she was saying "Yes it is!" I let her have her nukie downstairs and turned on a show. She said "Do you know what kind of feeling I have?" I said what, and she said "A sick kind of feeling!" I asked her what I could do to make her feel better and she said "I need..... SAUSAGE!!!!" So I whipped up some Jimmy Dean and she ate about 1/2 a link of sausage. I slipped some tylenol in a smashed up Popsicle and spoon fed it to her. By the time Chris got home a half hour later she said "I am happy now!" So no ER visit last night, whew.
We are excited for baby boy Hogan!

1 Comments:
oh meg, you need to write a book! the sausage comment had me rolling - I can just picture her saying it! And...I love the popsicle/tylenol trick, I will have to remember that one!
So sorry you had another head trauma - maybe we should get Moi a helmet for xmas this year!
Next Thursday works a little better for me than this Thursday - would that work for you guys?
How are you feeling?
Post a Comment
<< Home