Trick or Treat!
We had a great Halloween Day! The week before was kind of rough... I think just adjusting from vacation and Moi was trying to catch up on her rest, fighting a cold, etc... We had some rough days, but as soon as Halloween day rolled around, everything came together. She woke up on Friday and said "It's almost Halloween time!" I said "It is Halloween time!" Then I realized I should have worded that differently b/c she was ready to get on her costume at 8 am and go around the neighborhood begging for candy... I figured she'd be really mad that not only did she have to wait 10 hours to trick or treat, but also, she had to go to school. We sat down to watch one of her shows and she got a big smile on her face and said "Do I go to school today?" That was the first time she'd ever asked about school with a smile! We missed the Friday class the week before and the week before that, it was cancelled, so I didn't really know what their Halloween plan was (other than we were scheduled to bring the snacks for the whole class). The Tuesday class dressed up so I figured I would just bring her costume and change her into it if necessary. I was in sweatpants and my hair pinned back, but for some reason I decided to get in jeans and fix myself up a bit (even though I knew I'd be changing out of the uncomfortable jeans as soon as I came home to clean). Well, thank goodness I got fairly presentable and out of my jeans b/c surprise, apparently that day was a big costume parade for the whole school. I went in with Moi (not yet in her costume) and she was like "bye bye mom, see ya later!" and kissing me bye. She had talked the whole way down about making friends at school and kept saying she was going to make a new little girl friend. I got her changed into her costume and the teacher said we could either wait into the gym for the parade to watch them as they went by or we could walk down with them. I was very conflicted b/c Moi WANTED me to go, but I didn't know if she would change her mind once she realized all the other mom's were going with the kids. I just went down to the gym to wait, but was nervous the whole time. The parade was A BIG DEAL. There were grandparents there, people had video cameras, the whole gym perimiter was packed. I still really had no idea what was going on. The director of the school came to the middle and said the 2 year old class (Moi's class) would come through first then they would sit down, and then the older kids were going to walk around on the "parade". I saw Moi's class come in and she was so cute. She had on her serious face, not upset, but just very serious. There were so many people looking and taking pictures. When her classed passed by me, I decided to join in so I could go to the other side and sit with her. I figured the teachers would need some help keeping the kids sitting down through the rest of the parade. She saw me and smiled and said "Mommy, I made a NEW FRIEND!" and went over and grabbed the hand of a little girl who was wearing a purple unicorn costume. They held hands the rest of the parade! After about 1/2 an hour of watching the big kids walk around, we went back to Moira's classroom. All the other mom's had their cameras and took a group pictures. As you can imagine, I was sooooo sad I didn't have mine. Hopefully somebody can send me one... Moira was so ready to get me out of there. She kept saying "bye bye Mommy, go run your errands!" Oh how things change in a few months. When I went to pick her up later she was telling me about all the new friends she made (even though they aren't really new) and was so excited about them. After school at 2, we had to go get her stiches out. Again, I was worried about this for 2 reasons. She had already been to the Dr. once this week and also, reliving the trauma of the even, I figured it might not go well. Also, she usually only likes to leave the house once per day these days. Like yesterday, I tried to get her to go to the park in the afternoon (Chris was home working so I was trying to work at home so I wanted to get us out of her hair) and even offered her a sucker on the way but she was like "no thank you, I stay home". Somehow I got her in the car for the Dr.'s office (after a Raggedy Ann costume photo shoot and tour around the neighborhood). She did great at the Dr.'s office and was totally fine with the whole thing. Everybody kept saying the scar looks really good, however, it is definately a scar. I thought since everyone was saying the stich job was so clean, it wouldn't be that prominient, but it's a big one. They said to use maderma on it, which we are trying, but she hates it and you are supposed to do it 3 times a day. We'll see. On the trip home from teh Dr. she fell asleep in the car. That was really good b/c I knew if she didn't sleep at some point, she'd be running on fumes at 6 for trick or treat, let alone we wanted to go to downtown Westerville for the "Midnight Madness" party. Auntie Meredith kindly volunteered to come over and pass out candy so Chris and I could both go with Moi trick or treating. This was great b/c Moi was excited when Chris got home (I had been telling her all day we couldn't go trick or treating until Daddy got home) but she wanted me to go too. We made quite the rounds and her pumpkin was almost full. Towards the end she was even like "that's enough candy, I want to do something else now." She was tired by 7:30 when we finished up, so we got out the stroller and strollered downtown. All the stores were open and handing out goodies. We went into her favorite store- the baby doll and stuffed animal store. The lady had told me to be sure to stop by b/c they were handing out goody bags with coupons for free prizes. She won a webkins, which was one of the better prizes. After going into my favorite store, the monogramed baby things store, we went on a horse drawn wagon ride and then called it a night. The next morning when she woke up she said "Halloween is over, now I can eat my candy!" She had about 6 pieces candy for breakfast. Chris took Moi to Portsmouth so I could get a little break, which involved cleaning the house, shopping and work on the baby's room. He said they had a nice day and she was very good the whole trip.
I have more, but I'll post this b/c we are off to Music Class and then my 24 week OB visit this morning.
I have more, but I'll post this b/c we are off to Music Class and then my 24 week OB visit this morning.
We are excited for baby boy Hogan!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home