Rough Day.
Today was a rough day. Moi got up at 8 am which means that she should have taken a nap. But tomorrow is pre-school orientation (hooray!) from 9-10, so I knew if she took a nap, her bedtime would be late, and I would have to get her up for preschool. She would not be pleased about that and I don't want school to start off on a bad foot, so I decided to skip nap. Around 4, I realized I had made a terrible mistake. I was on the phone with my OB who had called me to answer a question I asked her at my apt. today. (I had asked if if there is a certain age that mandates preemies need to be admitted to the NICU at Riverside or if they judge by the individual baby. They judge by the individual baby, which is the answer I wanted to hear.) Moi hates it when I talk on the phone these days and just stands there and screams "say 'okay, bye bye!' " Over and over and gets more and more hysterical until I hang up. Well, I needed to talk to the Dr. and she was screaming so I went inside to hear the answer. Moi fell or something when I walked inside (because she was throwing a ridiculous fit) and cut up her hand and knee. It took about an hour to calm her down she was so hysterical. I think mainly b/c she was tired, although the hand cuts were right on the wrist, so she can't bend her hand w/o it hurting. So there were many tears about this all evening long. I had to bust out some pooping on the potty and birthday toys to get her calm, which worked. When Chris got home (he came home early to see her before he started working again) around 7 she was super mad at him and wouldn't even let him sit in the living room with her. I told her she had to let him or we were going upstairs. Well, she wouldn't, so I carried her upstairs kicking and screaming. She was throwing a big fit in her crib, pretty much about to climb out but would chicken out and get back down. Finally I told her if she could calm down for 10 seconds she could go downstairs if she would be nice to daddy. She agreed. We finished up 10 minutes of Dora and then put her to bed. But she wouldn't let Chris read her a book or rock her. I wasn't going to push it b/c of the horrible day we'd had. Oh my.
The good thing that happened today was that we were at the library park and she said "Mommy, I'm so glad you love me". This is special b/c other than the obvious, she called me Mommy! Usually I am Polar Express boy, Ruby, Dora, a yellow fish, whatever. I hardly ever get called mommy anymore. Then she said "You are bigger than me, but not to much. You are medium size. Daddy is big and tall, as big as a skybus!"
We are excited for baby boy Hogan!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home