We are excited for baby boy Hogan!
Moira Elizabeth Hogan: Riverdays

Moira Elizabeth Hogan

Monday, September 01, 2008

Riverdays


Scary loud parade.



Moi and Nana


Pop Pop's float
Dirty Helicopter ride. I kept a big bottle of hand sanitizer in my pocket.

Moi and her blues clues doll she won.
Moi with the Ohio River behind her.




We headed down to P-town for the big Riverdays festivities this weekend. We got in Friday night around 9. Moi was wired up and didn't go to bed until 11, after having a 3 hour nap that day. Chris and I were wiped out so we let Grandma Russell (thanks Grandma!) put Moi to bed and we went to the Hogan's to crash. Saturday morning, we headed to the Riverdays parade. Moi knew it was going to be loud and held her hands over her ears from the minute we left Grandma and Grandpa's house until about 20 minutes into the parade. We even had to duck into the library when the first sirens and loud boom truck went by. Moi was going "Why they do that? Why they make that loud boom?" It did seem unnecessary. After about 20 minutes, she agreed to go outside. She was fairly indifferent to the parade and just kind of ran up and down the hill in front on the school. She did seem to enjoy the couple of pieces of candy she got. She didn't want to be close to the road so only a few people saw her and were nice enough to throw some candy down the hill. She liked seeing Pop Pop's float and said that was her favorite part. After the parade, she was wiped out and took a 3 hour nap. Then we went down to the Riverdays fair. I remembered it being pretty dirty from last year, and was hesitant, but I figured just the merry go round would be okay. They actually had a decent amount of kiddie rides, a bouncy house and a little obsticle house. Nana bought her a ride ticket and she did the Merry go round, the spinny thing, some helicopters that were broken and didn't go up in the air (which was fine by me), and the bouncy house. She was having so much fun. I could tell b/c she got off of the bouncy house and said to me "Moira's mommy loves you!". I said "what?" and she said "Moira's mommy loves you!" She in in character pretending to be someone about 99% of the time so I said "who is Moira's mommy?" and she said "You!" So I guess she was telling me I love myself. And then she said out of the blue "I love the baby that is in your belly!". Cute. After the rides we walked down to play on the little river park, get some food and listen to music. Nana took one for the team and followed Moira around- Moira was pretending to be a cat and declared Nana a dog- and they crawled all around the river levy. Hee hee. Moira "meow"ed all the way back to the car. Chris was carrying her and she was just going "meow. meow. meow" Funny. After that, Grandma put Moi to bed again (thanks again!) and Chris and I went to the Wheelersburg Cinema where we had our first date about 12 years ago! I don't think we'd been back since. It was in slight disrepair, the air conditioner was broke. We sat by the fans and braved Tropic Thunder, which was not bad. Chris had higher expectations than I did, but it wasn't too bad in my opinion. The next day, we went to get Moi and she then scammed Grandma into letting her put on a wetsuit Grandma got for her for Florida. They went on the front porch and Moira was in her wet suit, being squirted with the hose and she was pretending to be the Polar Express Girl (her favorite person to pretend to be) and she decided Grandma would be Aunt Jeanne (obviously, b/c they were in Florida) and the hose and the area rug were the ocean. Then we went to see Nana and Pop for a quick visit and Great Grammy and Grandpa and then home b/c Chris needed to do some work. Whew! Moi went to bed at 7 pm, wiped out from the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home