We are excited for baby boy Hogan!
Moira Elizabeth Hogan: Summer Clothes

Moira Elizabeth Hogan

Sunday, June 01, 2008

Summer Clothes









Moi has been resisting bedtime more and more lately. I think she's getting ready to give up her nap. Sigh. I am not happy about this. But on the days she does nap, she's up super late. Somebody suggested waking her up after an hour or two when she nap, which I guess I can try, but she just wakes up in such a horrible mood when she doesn't wake up when her body is ready to. Today she napped, and it's 11 pm and she's been saying "but I don't want to go to bed!" for about the last hour. The thing that is good about her is that when she doesn't nap, she'll sleep a good 14 hours at night. The is the amount that "they" say they are supposed to be getting at this age. I predict in the next 6 months she'll be done napping, if not sooner. Tonight she was stalling before bed saying things like "I don't feel very good right now! I need my fingernails cut! I have to go poopy on the potty! I am very hungry! I need to wash my hands!". She listed about every excuse in the book.
The other day Moi decided that she was "Baby Seeka". I have no idea where this name came from, but she kept referring to herself as Baby Seeka. It went on all day long. It's like it is her alter ego or something.
So Moi is uber picky about what she wears. She's grown very attached to her winter clothes, 5 shirts in particular. I think Great Grammy got all of them for her. I guess they have the same taste. Her favorite is the one with the embroidered scotty dogs (aka little baby kodoses) and hearts. The problem: it's getting hot. I tried to get her to wear a short sleeve shirt, but she put on a big fight. I forced one on her one day... you can imagine how that went... She has about 20 adorable little summer shirts and dresses that have never been worm. So... I bribed her with a sucker. I know, I know. But I got desperate. And it totally worked. Look how adorable she is! The exciting thing was, the next day, she said "Can I wear a pretty short sleeve dress?" no sucker requested. I declared myself genius BUT, about 1 minute after she put it on, she fell and hurt her leg and blamed the shirt. She said "I NEED A NEW SHIRT!" and started ripping off the cute little short sleeve shirt. Then I tried to put a new dress on her. I got her all excited about it b/c it was new and still had the tags (she very much likes things that have tags still on them b/c they are NEW). But the dress has tricky straps, and I got it all jumbled on her head and she fell backwards on her fan and then got very mad. She's been wearing long sleeves ever since. I packed up all but 2 of her long sleeve shirts for desperate times, and yeah, she's already worn both of them. It's supposed to be in the 90's this week so we'll see if she gives up being so stubborn. But, she is my daughter...


This week my college roommate and her little boy Eli are coming to visit for a week. I've been telling her about the visit and explaining that they will be sleeping in the guest room. She's been talking to a pretend Eli on and off, so I think she might say "no, that is not Eli!" when they get here. I showed her some pictures of him, so hopefully that will help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home