Future Fashion Stylist
Moira has been ridiculously picky about what she wears lately. Ridiculously picky. She goes back and forth about what she wants to wear. And the socks, don't even get me started on the socks. She doesn't want to wear white socks or other solid color socks. She only wants to wear the handful of designed socks that we have. She has to rifle around in her sock drawer, that is about eye level and pick them out. I never bother to ball her socks so she finds one that she likes and it's a mad hunt to find the matching one or hysterics ensue. I taught her about color matching. Big, big, big mistake. She takes it very literally. She wouldn't wear a pink shirt with purple pants b/c the colors didn't match. She was beside herself in hysterics trying to find a nonexistant purple shirt to match. The other day, she found the new turtleneck shirt that Great Grammy sent up for Easter. It has black scotty dogs on it which Moira called "lots of little baby Kodoses". The scotty dogs have cropped tails, so they really did look like little baby Kodoses. She wore it one night, and wouldn't take it off for bed, and then wouldn't take it off the next day. I like to pick my battles, and wage very few, and clothes is usually not one of the things I battle about. But.... as the 24 hour mark was nearing, the scotty dog shirt needed a washing. I tried coercing her to take it off, but this was clearly not going to happen. She explained why "This shirt is sooooo pretty and I look toooooo cute". I finally got it off of her, it was not a pretty scene.
Oh, and my kid who would not wear a coat all winter-hence why I just carried it around, so I didn't look like a terrible mom- now wants to be wearing a coat ALL THE TIME. At meals, for naps, to go to the store. Why couldn't she want to wear a coat when it was 30 degrees out? She waits until it's in the 70's. Scoundrel. Look at that face. She's thinking "ha ha, I am a big scoundrel!".
We are excited for baby boy Hogan!

1 Comments:
It was what? 76 degrees today and Daniela wore a winter hat to target. And wouldn't take it off while we were in the store. I just looked at people and said, "She's almost 3." It's the only excuse for why she dresses the way she does.
~Cheryl
Post a Comment
<< Home