We are excited for baby boy Hogan!
Moira Elizabeth Hogan: A visit with Peg and Jacob

Moira Elizabeth Hogan

Thursday, June 29, 2006

A visit with Peg and Jacob



Yesterday, we went to visit with my friend Peg and her son Jacob, who is 2 1/2. Peg is on vacation this week, and we have never seen her house before. Jacob and Moira enjoyed the game of "hide Moira's teethers". Well, I think Jacob enjoyed it more than Moira! Moira was eating her puffs and Jacob declared that he wanted cookies also. He also wanted a purple spoon just like Moira. It was cute.
I have been having dreams about Vampires lately, and I couldn't figure out why. It occured to me yesterday as Moi and I were getting out of the bath that perhaps it is b/c she is constantly biting me, like a rabid dog. Hopefully those top teeth will poke through soon. She got up crying again last night at 9:30, so I just fed her. Then she started crying again 2 hours later, and cried on and off for 45 minutes. She sounded like something was wrong, like she was in pain. I just fed her again, b/c I wanted it to end as quickly as possible at that point. She finally went to sleep until 7 am. I guess baby Motrin is not the savior that I thought it was the night before.
Yesterday we took a walk to campus. The sky looked clear when we left but it started raining hard as soon as we were 1.5 miles away. I wasn't really prepared for a brisk jog back, but I didn't really have a choice. Needless to say, I got a good workout yesterday. She didn't fall asleep until I started running. So when we got home, I just carried the stroller onto the porch and she slept through the thunder storm for the next 1/2 an hour.
I looked up Moira's (almost) 9 month stats on the weight chart and with a week and 1/2 to go until her 9 month birthday, she is above the 95% in height and just below the 75% in weight.
There is this fake book on Moira's table toy. It has one page that you can turn. She turns the one page and then tried to turn more pages, which don't exist. She gets really frustrated and tried to get more pages to turn. You can see her using both hands, pulling on the side of the fake book. Also, we read this book called "Babies". Everytime the page comes up with the cartoon baby crying, she laughs a lot. Maybe it's b/c I make a funny crying sound then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home