Sorry...
Sorry, I know I've been a blogger slacker lately. Not quite sure why. I have been tired, and still taking a long time to really recover from the Christmas sickness that I had. It doesn't seem like there has been anything that noteworthy to report... but I'll do my best.
Moi got back into the swing of school much better than I expected. They had a 2 week break and figured that she would not want to go back. She seemed fine with it however. I started talking about it a few days in advance to prepare her. It helped that the first day back was Tuesday, which is the day that her little friend Lucy goes. She was very excited to see Lucy. She was also excited to wear the new sweater Aunt Meredith and Uncle Chris gave her on Sunday. She kept saying "All the kids are going to say 'I love your sweater!'" She claimed that Lucy actually did say this, but I cannot be certain if this is true. She did fine and that's all that matters.
We went to a "Big Sibling" class at Riverside hospital on Saturday. That is where I'll be delivering. It was only an hour long. It consisted of a lady talking very quietly and slowly about what babies do/need etc. It was not really keeping Moi's interest, but that part only lasted about 15 minutes. After that, she read them a story, which went over better. Then we walked to the nursery to see the babies. Moi didn't like the attention that everyone was giving the babies and she insisted that she was a baby and started crawling all over the floor going "wah wah!" I figure this is not a great sign... but I told her only the big kids get big kid certificates at the end of the class and suddenly she was a big kid. We went to the room where I'll be after the baby as well. We had a quick lunch in the cafeteria afterwards. I think she'll be interested in visiting me and the baby after the baby is born. She's kind of been on the fence if she actually wants to come to the hospital or not. We decided we'll just leave it up to her if she wants to or not. Probably if we tell her the baby has an awesome present for her, she'll decide to go ;) Oh, and later I realized she was listening to the lady's lecture at the baby class more than I thought b/c when we were in the car she said out of the blue "mommy, do you know what babies do with their heads?" and I said "what?" and she said "they just put them down. They can't hold them up very well b/c they don't have any muscles yet". This was part of the information session at the class so apparently she was listening.
The other day Moi went upstairs. I let her play for awhile up there, but she was being really quiet so I went up. She was just laying in bed with her blanket over her and I said "What are you doing?" She said "I am mommy. The Dr. cut my belly open to get the baby out. Now I have to lay here and rest while everybody brings me food.". I wonder how long I can milk that!
I started a rewards chart tonight. She seemed super duper excited about it, we are starting it officially tomorrow. We'll see how excited she really is when we are doing it!
We are excited for baby boy Hogan!

1 Comments:
Meg, I LOVE that bag and shirt! That is so cute! I think it is so Moira to remember that she knew about the baby's head and was able to recite what the instructor was saying. She's so smart!!! She is going to be a great big sis! Allie keeps talking about how Daniela and Moira have a baby brother and she keeps asking when I'm going to have a baby brother in my belly...OH NO!
Post a Comment
<< Home