We are excited for baby boy Hogan!
Moira Elizabeth Hogan: Christmas Requests

Moira Elizabeth Hogan

Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas Requests

Dancing at the "Evening at the North Pole"
The very unhappy face she made the entire time Santa was talking.

The cutest little reindeer I've ever seen!


In front of the big poinsettia tree at the Franklin Park Conservatory.








More dancing at the community center.


We haven't asked Moira what she wants for Christmas b/c I learned from her birthday a few months ago that the more I ask her what she wants, the more she will want EVERYTHING! I really wanted to get her things that she would really really enjoy and play with for more than 2 minutes. Also, they need to be things w/o small pieces, b/c we have to start thinking about the baby. Also, I don't want to get too many things with 1,000 different pieces, as I am trying to keep clean up under control. I showed her a couple of fliers from Target and Toys R Us, but really, nothing seemed to stand out to her. She just wanted whatever she saw on the last page. But, as discussions of Santa have come up, there has been some talk of telling Santa what she wants. For the last few weeks, she has just said that she wants Santa to bring her "candy". Easy enough! Well, yesterday, Chris asked her what she wanted Santa to bring and she thought for a minute and said "a purse, a baseball, a flashlight and MY VERY OWN TIGER!" She brought up the Tiger again in the evening, but not again today. I have no doubt she will forget about the purse, baseball and flashlight, so I am not worried about that. Not to mention she has about 10 purses, 2 baseball, and 4 flash lights. Tonight we went to the Westerville Community Center for an "Evening at the North Pole". We paid for pizza, veggies, cookies and drinks for she and I. They had crafts (which she didn't want to do) and Santa made an appearance after the kids sang jingle bells and heard a story. She kept her eyes shut the entire time that Santa was in the room and covered her ears. She seems pretty freaked out by Santa, to be honest. She said that she doesn't want him to come to the house in the night when we are sleeping (which seems fair). I told her that he is friendly and bringing toys, and she dropped it, but I knew she wasn't going to go sit on his lap or even near him. I asked her what she wants Santa to bring and she thought for a few minutes and got really excited and said:
Snakes!
A family of snakes!
A red one, a purple one and a white one!
The will live in a container at my home!
And then they will slither on the table!
AND- I also want a BIG bucket of worms!!!!
Well, okay then. She is going to do great with a baby brother! They are going to get along great. She really wanted to go to the pet store and get a big bucket of worms immediately. I told her that she was asking Santa for them and we couldn't go get them now. I really really hopes she forgets about this tomorrow... but she talked about the snakes and worms all night. As we left the party, she got down at her belly and did snake like moves and hissed at everyone we passed. Yes, I let her do this, as I appreciate her creativity an imagination. And, it was pretty funny. I gather I could get some rubber snakes and put them in some sort of container, but she was very specific that she wanted REAL worms, not pretend ones.
Moi has been very into pretending like she is a cat lately. Day before yesterday, she started pretending like she was a cat around 10 am and didn't let up for about 24 hours, minus 20 minutes that she was a choo choo. She kept coming up to me all day and going "meow" and rubbing her head on my shoulder and then sitting and fake licking her hands and purring. We got a new cat bed for kitty Kang last week, but Kang hadn't used it yet. Moi spent the evening laying in it and putting all other blankets around her to make a cozy kitty bed and requested bowls of water and kitty snacks all night.She was very upset I wanted her to wear a white sleeper b/c Kitty Kang in NOT all white, she is white and brown and orange. I told her to pretend like it was also brown and orange, and then it was fine. Then when it was time for bed, she carried the cat bed upstairs and wanted to sleep in it on the floor, b/c kitties don't sleep in beds. I at least convinced her to put it in her bed. I think she slept in it all night. She greeted me in the morning carrying the cat bed and said "meow" and then went back into sitting in it and fake licking herself for most of the morning.

Moi had school today. She did pretty well, despite the disappointment that her school BFF Lucy wasn't there. She told me "I didn't cry AND I didn't bite anyone!" I didn't realize that she had considered biting anyone, but I am glad to know that she didn't ???? But she kept telling me all afternoon how much fun she had, so that is a good sign.
I got to meet my friend Lauren's new little baby Keegan today! It's her 3rd boy, she has 3 boys 3 and under. I said to Keegan that I could tell he was going to be a happy baby for him mommy and he did a REAL smile at me, he's not even 4 weeks old! So that made my day. I forgot how early little babies have their own personality.
Wednesday evening we went to the Franklin Park Conservatory to meet Wendy & Connor and Megan & Denison. They have special events in December on Wednesday evenings. They light the trail in candles and they have a band, etc. Moira used to be a big big dancer, but the last 6 months or so, she's been more reserved. However, the bluegrass band inspired her to break it down and she was right there dancing, mainly spinning, even though nobody else was spinning. Connor ended up joining her after a few songs and he was kind of dancing like a drunk frat boy as Moira ran circles around him. Also, at the North Pole thing tonight she was dancing like crazy as well to the Christmas music, even though at first, nobody else was either. She got a posse of kids to join her and even started a dance craze where she was leaning over and shaking her arms back and fourth kind of like a chicken and shaking her bottom. There were like 5 kids standing behind her doing that by the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home