Big Girl
We've taken some big girl steps recently, just in time to become a big sister! Moira hasn't really peed in her pullup overnight (the only time she ever wore them) more than once every month or two since she got potty trained. When we got back from Portsmouth this weekend, we were out of pullups, so we just decided to go pullup free overnight until she shows signs that she can't do it. Therefore, we are officially totally diaper free! Whoo hooo! About 6 weeks of no diapers here until we start back to the beginning. That's so crazy to think about.
Also, last night I was telling her that the "binky fairy" came to see her friend Allie. I was explaining that the binky fairy takes the binkies to the babies that need them and leaves a present in their place. I didn't think she would want to do that, but to my surprise, she said she wanted to leave her binkies for the babies that need them b/c "that's what friends are for". She had accumulated about 10 of them, and she left 6 for the binky fairy. The binky fairy left her some of the stuff I got for her for valentines day at Target yesterday b/c I wasn't overly prepared. She was very excited about it. Although today she did say that since she gave all her binkies to the binky fairy, she would have to go to the store and get some new ones... but it's still progress...
And then today, Moi brought me her toy shark and I asked where she got it and she said she "I procured it at the kids museum". Not sure where she picked up that word. Missy uses it a lot, so maybe her ?????
Also, Moi has gone poo on the potty for 2 days in the row w/o requesting a reward!
This morning, I was sleeping on the couch- I've been quite sick and I thought the couch might be better so I could just sleep sitting up. Everytime I tried to lay down I'd cough like crazy. Anyway, I slept for about 4 hours total off and on (better than the 1 hour the night before) but Chris had the monitor upstairs. I heard Moi get up at 8, which was a bummer b/c I had gone back to sleep around 7. She and Chris came downstairs and he told her that I was still asleep and they should let me rest while they went into Mommy and Daddy's bed and watched a show. That bought be another 1/2 hour of sleep. I was so impressed that she would do that, I would think she'd be like "mommy, mommy wake up" and be all over me, but I think she might be growing up a bit- just in time! Of course, I've heard new babies can cause some steps backwards, but still, at least we are making progress.
We are excited for baby boy Hogan!

1 Comments:
Hi Meg!Hooray for Moira!!! It crazy to think that you will no sooner get one out of diapears and have to put another in...soon! Moira will be a big help - she's growing up so fast! No pull ups, bye bye binkies (love the binky fairy!), etc.!
I hope that today is going well for you - I'm so sorry you are so tired and have a rash to boot! Ughhh!
I wish I could help more! Daly didn't sleep at all last night and I have the sleepless headache going on this morning!
Happy New Year!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home