Merry Christmas!
Horse with cowgirl hat
Merry Christmas to everyone! Hope everybody had a great day. I have to say, "Santa" is pretty tired tonight, but I wanted to blog about our day before I forgot. We'll be headed to P-town tomorrow to celebrate with the family and I know when we get back, today will seem like a distant memory.
Christmas Eve, we had a knock on our door at 8 am. Our neighbor told me that someone smashed into our car in front of our house. It was icy out and our street is brick. The car was literally in the middle of the road. So... not a great way to start the day. But, the guy who hit it was very nice and responsible. He was approximately 50 years old and lives down the street. He did a great job taking care of reporting it to the insurance company right away and we'll start proceedings to get it fixed tomorrow. It was the magnum though, so we'll be taking our accord- with dog, clothes, presents and all to Portsmouth tomorrow... Good thing I sent most of the presents with Nana and Pop last weekend! After that, Moi and I sat around and waited for Chris to get home. His office was officially closed at noon, but we know that means nothing for when he'll get home. He made it home around 3 or 4. I sent he and Moi to the Community Center treehouse so I could get started assembling Moi's Rose Petal Cottage and wrapping presents. She went to bed fairly early, which was good b/c we had to put together her cowboy horse and fill stockings, set out all the presents, etc. Oh, and I forgot, we couldn't find a cowboy hat the day before so I decided to make one (starting at 6 am). It turned out pretty sweet. I was afraid she wouldn't like it b/c she started saying she wanted a cowboy outfit like Max from Max and Ruby. She informed me of this at about noon on Christmas eve. I found some stuff in her closet that kind of looked like a cowboy outfit and put some of the silver puffy paint on it to make it look more cowboy. Moi got special monkey Christmas PJ's that I told her Santa brought to her early. We made chocolate chip cookies and let them out for Santa and then headed up to bed.
We debated putting her Rose Petal Cottage (a 4' cube playhouse) into her room while she slept, but were worried it would wake her up. We decided to put the cowboy horse and hat in her room. She got up about 6 am and didn't get out of bed, but was calling for me and kind of knocking on the headboard. I could tell from the video monitor that she could see the horse, but I think she must have thought she was dreaming. Finally around 7 (earlier than she usually gets up) she called for me really loud, so I went in and she said she wanted this one specific stuffed animal. I went and got it and she went back to sleep for another 1/2 an hour. I think she thought it was still night time at 7:30, b/c I asked if she wanted to go downstairs and she got all excited. Chris woke up with one of his migranes, but took an Imitrex and the headache started to get better by the time she was up. She saw the cowboy horse and cowboy hat first and was all excited about it. She got right on it and said "yee ha! Santa knew I wanted to be a cowboy!". Then she started digging into her presents. She really liked the Cariboo Cranium Game (thanks for the tip Cheryl), the claw game that you put a coin in and get out candy or a small toy, her remote control My Little Pony Car, and her talking parrot. She found her tinkerbell cafe about about a half an hour- it was in the playroom very conspicuouly with a blanket on top of it. She really loved it! I am so happy. It was a huge pain to put together. She is very into pretend mode and I think this will be a great toy that will keep her interest for awhile and she'll have lots of fun playing with it with her friends. Her BIG gift was the Rose Petal Cottage. It was the hot present last year, but this year it must not have been super hot b/c it kept being on sale. The main part comes with a 4' cube playhouse and you can get stuff to put inside it. It has a sink, a stove, a nursery set, and an inflatable table and chairs set. I wanted to put it in her room b/c her room is actually kind of big, so I think it's time to start putting some toys up there. She has started spending a lot of time upstairs and it has been nice. When she was opening her stocking, I had Chris sneak up there and move it from our room to her room. We kind of wanted to put off her finding it until later in the day to kill some time, but about 10, she wanted to go upstairs to get something. She was sooooo excited about it. I think it was a great present that she will get a ton of use out of. We hung out up there for a loooooong time today. I put all her dress up stuff in a "treasure chest" from Ikea and she played with that for a long time too. She's never really played with her dress up stuff at all, so I was pleased at how my rearranging worked out.
We had a very nice day, it was great to just chill out and let her play at her leisure. The only bad thing is that Chris is sick/was sick all day. He said last night he felt like he was getting another cold. Today he woke up feeling very clammy and was super cold, achy and flu-like. As the day went on he just felt worse and worse and started getting hot, really hot. He was running a fever of 101.5 this evening and just kind of laying on the couch aching moaning and coughing. I made him take some advil and his fever was down about an hour later. He was feeling a bit better before bed and took some nyquil, so hopefully the rest of the weekend he will feel even better. Fortunately, Moi was on her best behavior and even laid in bed and let me nap next to her for about an hour and sleep! I was looking forward to some reinforcements since this week was crazy busy, but on the bright side, he wasn't hungry so Moi and I had Kraft Mac & Cheese and sherbet for dinner! I didn't need to make all the laborsome food I had bought. Hee hee.
Not to be forgotten, the baby seemed to have a nice Christmas as well. He let me know he was having fun with lots of kicks and jumps all day long! He got some books and his stocking was filled with baby wash, pacifiers and wash clothes! 7 weeks or less to go as of today!
We are excited for baby boy Hogan!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home