We are excited for baby boy Hogan!
Moira Elizabeth Hogan: My Girl is good

Moira Elizabeth Hogan

Friday, January 16, 2009

My Girl is good

Moi and I goofing around in the back seat of the car. I got my hair colored and oh, I am sooo pleased with it. This is the exact color I've been hoping for since I started coloring my hair. I went to Auntie Meredith's hairdresser, who I learned when I got there is a certified Loreal national haircolor expert and goes to NY city to lecture on how to color and trains people all over the world on new haircolor techniques. I showed her a picture of MOi and explained that I wanted the same family of color, but I knew it would be ridiculous on me to get her exact same color. Boy, did she nail it! I wanted to hug her when she was done. It is awesome if I do say so myself!


Look how great we match! No more "where does she get the red hair". The sad part is now I have to pay for what my natural color was probably 15 years ago. Don't you love getting older?




Eating snow ice cream. We made it with chocolate milk. Mmmmmm






Eating the snow before the snow ice cream was made.





My good girl.

We've been stuck in the house the last 3 days b/c of snow and cold. We have had electrians, dry wall guys, and varment guard guys here and it's been loud and crazy. Moi has been so good. She really is a good girl. I know sometimes I talk about her being a scoundrel, etc., but when it comes down to it, she really is a good good good girl. I really appreciate her and what a sweet heart and nature that she has. She does have a mind of her own, but she also wants to please and truely, I believe, wants me and others to be happy. I love my girl.
Today when we were playing with moon sand in the kitchen Moi and I had an interesting conversation.
Moi: Mommy, I like you.
Me: I like you too.
Moi: Who made me?
Me: Mommy and Daddy made you.
Moi: (looking confused and with a just weird look on her face) Does it hurt when Mommy and Daddies make kids? (the look on her face indicated she was thinking surely it must hurt).
Me: Well, no.... (stalling and thinking....) See my belly, the baby is growing in my belly just like you grew in my belly, I am making him! It doesn't hurt.
Moi: Oh yeah, when baby Moira was little, she was great! Now she is so big! Babies always turn into kids and it doesn't hurt at all. It's so great!
I guess when you are trapped in the house for 3 days things like birds and the bees conversations are going to come up. Gulp. Seems like her questions have been satisfied for the moment.
Moira told me the other day that she only likes quiet babies, not loud babies. I told her good luck with that.... I said "what are we going to do when the baby is crying and loud?" She said "we'll give him a nukie and give him jelly beans". I told her babies can't have jelly beans and she said "well, maybe when he gets bigger he will".
She was feeding her pretend baby with a bottle and told me "Mommy, pretend babies drink milk from bottles, NOT boobies". I didn't know she knew the word boobies. Learn something new every day. Usually she just says "nickles". She also called her underwear "panties" the other day and I am not sure where she picked that up, as that's not what I call them.
Special thanks to Grandpa R for coming up today and helping me keep Moi entertained while I was dealing with all the subcontractors! I really needed some adult conversation as well and I really appreciate him making the 4 hour trip just to help keep his girl sane! Thank you thank you thank you!


Here's a video of Moira eating her snow ice cream. She told me that she was "the best baker in the whole world".

2 Comments:

At 4:47 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Jacob and I have had plenty of birds & bees conversations, but just about 5 minutes before I read your blog, he asked me who puts Mommies' babies in their bellies. I should have gone for the God answer, but I was busy and said the Daddies do. He said, "WHAT?"

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Susan said...

p.s. I love your hair.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home