We are excited for baby boy Hogan!
Moira Elizabeth Hogan: A break!

Moira Elizabeth Hogan

Saturday, July 26, 2008

A break!

This past week Moi went on a vacation to Grandma & Grandpa Russell's house! She was soooooo excited to go with them. I was a bit worried before I told her that she would be apprehensive since I wasn't going, but she didn't care in the least! They had lots of big fun playing toys, going to the creek, visiting with family, etc. I got 2 whole days to myself! I went out to dinner with Missy on Wednesday and Chris and I went out to dinner on Thursday. Thursday I made whole wheat walnut zucchini bread, steam cleaned the carpets, cleaned and reorganized the play room, cleaned the whole house, did about 20 loads of laundry, gave myself a manicure and a pedicure and went to TJ Max, all before 5 pm. You can really get a lot accomplished without a kid! Granted, I got up at 5 am b/c of a super stinky skunk in the neighborhood, but still. Thanks to Grandma & Grandpa for letting Moi hang out with you guys! It's great too b/c Moi is becoming less and less attached to me. She really does great with others most of the time now. It's a nice change. This time last year she was super attached to me.


We met Grandma & Grandpa at the Circleville mounds to pick up Moi.
Saying goodbye.

Moi and Mom at the fair.

We went to the Union County fair today. It was funny, we got out of the car and Moi was like "oh, I see a Ferris wheel, a merry go round, a bouncy house- all of the things I love!" She had a good time.



Moi's new Dora bathing suit.
Moi on the kiddie ferris wheel at the Union County fair.







Last weekend Moi and I went to the Franklin Park Conservatory. Afterwards we stopped at Missy's to show her the caterpillar that Moi got at the conservatory. They have a butterfly exhibit going on and you can get a little baby caterpillar and watch it turn into a butterfly in approximately 2 weeks. She was soooooo excited about the caterpillar and carried it around all day, dropping it approximately 100 times, taking it on the trampoline with her, etc. I didn't really have high hopes for it, but it has made it's cocoon and it's in a little shoebox house now, so hopefully it will turn into a butterfly soon. I'll keep you posted. Missy showed us this new ice cream store that opened in Bexley. It's called Jenny's. It has really fancy flavors, like basil lime verbena and lavender julip chocolate, etc. It was very yummy and Moi loved it. Missy had salty carmel and some sort of lime and Moi and I got a cherry and chocolate. She kept hogging more of Missy's.




Moi with her caterpillar.

I love this pic.

On anther note, Moi has changed her baby gender guess to boy, so that is interesting. Now I don't know what to think, b/c I was letting her guide my guess.
Moi is really into playing Dr. She wants to play ALL. THE. TIME. Grandma can verify this for me. It's very boring after about the 50th time in the day. She is usually the patient and tells you something hurts and you have to examine her and figure out what is wrong. Chris was like, when is this phase going to end. Soon, hopefully, as it is booooooring.
Moi is also very into books lately. She'll spend just hours looking at all her books. She also know pretty much all her letters and will even say the sounds, or attempt to say the sounds of many of them. She is also very into coloring and painting and will also spend a very long time doing that.
Chris's big case settled so he finally has a weekend off. whooooo hoooo! He even took Friday off. We've missed daddy here. I am started to feel a lot less nauseous, but still really tired. Even still, things are looking up around here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home