We are excited for baby boy Hogan!
Moira Elizabeth Hogan: Connecticut

Moira Elizabeth Hogan

Friday, June 20, 2008

Connecticut


























This past week, the whole Hogan family (Chris, Meg, Moira, Nana, Pop, Auntie Meredith) went up to Connecticut for Chris's uncle, Moira's great uncle's, Memorial Service. Unfortunately, Pop's brother Pete passed away unexpectedly at a fairly young age. We all felt it was very important to attend the Memorial Service and other family gatherings to honor him. I had never been to Connecticut before, and Chris hasn't been back for quite awhile. His dad's whole family is from there so we were fortunate to meet so many of them and catch up. They were all so welcoming and friendly. We dined with family each night which was nice. Moira even played and really liked some third cousins who were 5 and 7. It was sweet and very touching when we went to the cemetary after the memorial service. Moira held hands with 5 year old Kate the whole time, and then Kate took Moira over to Kate's grandma's headstone and showed her how she kisses her hand and then places it on the headstone. Then we showed Moira where her great Grandma & Grandpa Hogan were burried right next to Kate's Grandma and Moira gave each one of them kisses on their grave. Kate's Grandpa, who is Pop's uncle Jimmy, drives to the cemetary every day to visit his wife's grave. I think she passed away about 10 years ago. I asked Chris if he would do that if I passed away, and he told me "Sure... if it's close.".

In between family gatherings, we went to the beach. It was kind of cold and you can't really get into the water, but they had great sea shells and Moi liked it. She got her pants really wet and insisted on taking them off and walking around in her diaper. The next morning while Nana and Pop were dealing with some bussiness, Chris and I took Moi to a cool nature center that was like a real working farm. I think her favorite thing though was this really awesome park that was literally 2 blocks away from the hotel.

Moi did remarkably well on the car ride. It was amazing. The only issue was when she got tired at the hotel she would say "I want to go back to my own house for real". But other than when she was tired, she was a pretty good traveler.
On another topic, today we went to the mall. Moi saw the toy store and said "Can we go in there?" Before I could say anything she said "Are you going to say 'sigh'!" and let out and extremely elaborate sigh. Apparently I sigh alot when she asks for things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home