Moira is going to be a big sister!
Check out the shirt.
Baby Hogan #2 is due February 17th! I am about 8 weeks along and we've had a couple of utrasounds and seen a strong healthy baby, so we feel good about things. Moira is very excited to be a big sister, but seems to only want a "baby sister". I think I'm just going to stop asking her what she wants. You may have noticed a lack of posts lately. I'm just very low on energy, plus Chris has been working 24/7 so any free time when Moira is asleep is (unfortunately) spent washing dishes and other household chores. Hopefully I will perk up soon and Chris will cut back on his hours soon so I can do a better job of keeping everybody posted. The first question is always "are you going to find out the baby's gender?". To answer that question, no, we are all about the surprise. We just loved the "It's a _____" moment in the delivery room. It was the most special moment I could possibly imagine and we want to do it the same way. Also, if you know us, you know we will be keeping the names to ourselves. We tend to pick names that are not overly popular so to avoid the polite smiles, etc. when others hear our name choices, we are just going to keep the name on the down low. Besides, by the time you see our baby's adorable face, you will be so enamored with it that it won't even matter that the name is probably one you've never heard of or can't pronounce (hee hee, just kidding.... sort of...)
I think Moi is going to be a great big sister. I have told her that I can't pick her up so much b/c it is bad for the baby in the belly. She seems to understand and has let others pick her up, which she usually wouldn't do. She let a random mom put her in the swing at the park. Yesterday, she got stung by a sweat bee. I was holding her and she said she felt better. She got up to walk around and it started hurting again. I went to pick her up and she said "no, you can't pick me up, you have a baby in your belly, REMEMBER!". Sweet girl. We were at a friends house the other day and there was a 7 month old baby there. She asked to "hold" her, so we let her sit behind the baby and "hold" her. She was wispering things in her ear like "oh, little baby, you are so cute, I love you" and kissing her on the head. Then she started singing her twinkle twinkle.
I think Moi is going to be a great big sister. I have told her that I can't pick her up so much b/c it is bad for the baby in the belly. She seems to understand and has let others pick her up, which she usually wouldn't do. She let a random mom put her in the swing at the park. Yesterday, she got stung by a sweat bee. I was holding her and she said she felt better. She got up to walk around and it started hurting again. I went to pick her up and she said "no, you can't pick me up, you have a baby in your belly, REMEMBER!". Sweet girl. We were at a friends house the other day and there was a 7 month old baby there. She asked to "hold" her, so we let her sit behind the baby and "hold" her. She was wispering things in her ear like "oh, little baby, you are so cute, I love you" and kissing her on the head. Then she started singing her twinkle twinkle.
Keep us in your thoughts. I'll keep you posted!
We are excited for baby boy Hogan!

1 Comments:
I am SO JEALOUS that you guys agree on the delivery room surprise. If there is ever a next time for me I want Chris to have the say if we find out or not. haha!
~Cheryl
Post a Comment
<< Home