We are excited for baby boy Hogan!
Moira Elizabeth Hogan: First (and Second...) Haircut!

Moira Elizabeth Hogan

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

First (and Second...) Haircut!

At 2 years and almost 9 months, I decided it was time for Moi's first haircut. It wasn't that it was so long, it was just uneven and her bangs really needed cut well. She always runs from me when I try to do it, so I had low hopes for how the haircutting experience would go. I was very wrong though! They make the haircut place very fun. You get to choose what you sit on, she choose a pony over a car and an airplane. They put in a cartoon to watch. At the end you get a balloon and a sucker. They also have this little play area to play in while you wait, of course she wanted to play in it when it was time to go. I told her if she was good we would go get ice cream. It turned out I didn't even need the bribe, but I couldn't take it away once I promised it, so we went to Graeters afterwards. Today, Moi's friend Kendal was over and they were playing at her Dora vanity and I heard Moi cry and say "Hey, that hurts me!" and then just wail. I went into the room and there was a huge chunk of Moi's hair that had been twisted into the "play" scissors. It must have ripped it out from the root, b/c they dont' really cut. Whoops. Kendal was crying so hard b/c she felt bad. Moira actually stopped crying to say "hey, what happened to her?". You can't see where it was cut, so that is good. Poor baby :(



It is funny to see her so polished looking.
Here is Moira letting some tadpoles go in a creek in Portsmouth. Grandma and Grandpa Russell rescued some tadpoles that they saw in a puddle when they were on a hike, they were turning into frogs so it was time to let them loose. Actually, one of them did turn into a frog- Moira named it "little ribbit". However, little ribbit didn't make it through the night... so we just had tadpoles to let into the creek. I didn't get to take as many pictures as I wanted in P-town b/c I got a little stomach bug, but here are some cute ones from the forest.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home