We are excited for baby boy Hogan!
Moira Elizabeth Hogan: Moira wrote a tune on the Harmonica!

Moira Elizabeth Hogan

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Moira wrote a tune on the Harmonica!

Moira was playing her "Pop Pop's anarocka" (the harmonica) today and I realized that she made a song. She was playing three notes down low in a rhythm with the second note slightly higher and then she played up high and did 3 notes in a slightly different rhythm. She was doing that over and over and I realized it sounded like a melody of a song, but not one I recognized. It was so cool.
Moira sings songs a lot lately, too. The cool thing is she will take something you say and put it in a song that she knows. For example, Grandma and Grandpa took Moi on a wagon ride this weekend to go get pizza. When they got home, Grandpa said "I worked up an appetite". Moira replied in song "I've been working up an appetite, all the live long day!". Now she sings that whenver she sits down to eat.

Moira pretends like she is a baby a lot lately. By a lot, I mean approximately 75% of the day. It's full submersion pretending. She crawls, acts like she can't talk, calls me "ma ma", goes wah wah, etc. I am wondering if she will grow out of it or if I should try to nip it in the bud. It's been going on for about a month now. I'm sure people we meet think she has special challenges b/c of the baby impression she is doing all over town when she greets people. When she does talk, she says "the baby wants a cracker" or "the baby wants to go outside". I am trying to get her excited about being a big girl, but it's not happening. She did pretend to be a dragon yesterday for about 1/2 an hour, so that's better than baby, I guess. It has actually died down a bit lately. We've been playing with friends a lot and she doesn't do it as much when we are around others, it's just at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home