We are excited for baby boy Hogan!
Moira Elizabeth Hogan: Mama has a sinus infection

Moira Elizabeth Hogan

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Mama has a sinus infection


More Cosi picsToo bad this pic was out of focus. She has such a sweet smile.

The PA in the Dr.'s office diagnosed me with a sinus infection. She prescribed some antibiotics. I haven't started taking them yet, since I also woke up yesterday with a nasty stomach bug, and she said the antibiotics would just make them worse. Chris stayed home from work in the morning and came home early. In the middle of the day, I napped with Moi, and then we went to the Dr.'s office. Everyone there thought she was super cute and kept making comments on her red hair. We have been getting even more comments now that it is growing out. I also noticed that she has some great blonde highlights going on. What a lucky lady! I think I am going to get some red highlights in my hair next appointment, b/c everyone still seems so perplexed that I could produce a red headed child. I have started to question that I was even a redhead at all. I was, wasn't I? Mom, Dad, Grandparents? You can vouch for me, right? I can't remember how long it lasted. Seems like well into elementary school at least... We'll have to round up some pictures. Moira was very concerned about what the Dr. was doing to me. I had the thermometer in my mouth, and she did not like that at all. After the Dr. left, she wanted to put her finger in my mouth, and then she tried to put her pacifier in my mouth. She was crying when they were looking in my ears and nose, so the PA gave her a little cotton ball, which she threw up in the air going "wheeeee!" over and over again. I wanted to just lay on the couch all afternoon, but she would come up to me and go "Ma Ma!" and hold out both hands to walk with me around the house and show me things. We ended up taking a walk, and all she wanted to do was dance around on the stoop of one of the building a couple of houses down, like she was performing. Fine with me, as I could just sit there and watch her. It was so windy, and everytime a big gust would come though, she would go "oooooooohhhhhhh!" Also, and airplane flew by, and I said "where'd it go?" and she replied "(misc. gibberish) go?". She's been saying "go" b/c when she dances, I say "Go Moira, go Moira, go go, go Moira". She jumps up and down and says "go go!".

My stomach bug is better, but I woke up with a bad headache, so I had some excedrin, hence I am sort of loopy while writing this.

Has everyone seen "Little Miss Sunshine"? It is the funniest movie. I don't usually want to watch movies again once I've seen them, but we've watched that one three times this month. The last seen is the most hilarous scene in a movie I've ever seen. EVER!

Also, Edey's Ice Cream has the best new light ice cream flavor. It's in their American Idol line of flavors and it's called "Take the Cake". It takes like yellow cake battter with candy sprinkes and blue frosting running through it. It's sooooo good. Get it while you can.

Congrats to my friend Gwen and her husband Jason- they had a baby boy on Thursday. They named him Gavin and he was 7 lbs 14 oz. I am going to be watching him Tuesday and Thursday mornings on and off in a couple of months! That should be interesting, as anytime I hold another baby at playgroup she goes nuts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home