St. Patrick's Day Bear
It seems like it's been awhile since I last posted. These days, Moira learns just so much in a week that I don't even know where to begin. Things that she learned how to do last week are so much a part of life today, that I don't even know if I'll remember everything. I guess everyone probably just wants the highlights anyway, so here goes.
I got a little potty training potty. We aren't trying to potty train yet, it's just that she pees almost always after her bath, so I thought it would be good to have someplace to sit her instead of just peeing on the floor. I thought I had really screwed up b/c I saw she was getting ready to go, and I tried to sit her on it. She got scared and went screaming and running out of the room. I figured we'd just put it off for awhile and not worry about it. Well the next night when I got her ready for bath, she pointed at the potty and went "pee pee!". I held her hand and helped her sit down on it, and she sat there going "pee pee! pee pee!". Then she stood up and peed on the floor and clapped for herself. I clapped too. It seemed like progress and not bad for a 16 month old.
I got a little potty training potty. We aren't trying to potty train yet, it's just that she pees almost always after her bath, so I thought it would be good to have someplace to sit her instead of just peeing on the floor. I thought I had really screwed up b/c I saw she was getting ready to go, and I tried to sit her on it. She got scared and went screaming and running out of the room. I figured we'd just put it off for awhile and not worry about it. Well the next night when I got her ready for bath, she pointed at the potty and went "pee pee!". I held her hand and helped her sit down on it, and she sat there going "pee pee! pee pee!". Then she stood up and peed on the floor and clapped for herself. I clapped too. It seemed like progress and not bad for a 16 month old.
She has learned a bunch of new words. She's a fan of the slang. She says "woa", "okay", and "yeah". Also, her "ought-oh" has morphed into "ought-oh-kay". We were in Meijer the other day and she saw the balloons and said "balloon!" perfectly. Until then, they had been "loons".
I think I finally found a gym to join. We tried the daycare this am and she did well. We'll try again tomorrow and see how it goes. It was so nice to get a workout in while she was awake. This way I have her whole nap to cook dinner (to be reheated later), clean, etc. Maybe if she keeps doing well in the gym childcare, we can even work our way up to me working out and getting ready for the day on someone elses watch. What a dream.
Nana and Pop Hogan came to visit yesterday. they brought her a St. Patrick's Day bear, which she loves. She immediately went to grab it this morning and fed it some water and went "Mmm.... ahhh...." for the bear. She was shy when she first saw Nana and Pop but warmed up eventually and kept going up to Nana before bed, waving in her face and saying "Hi!". She loves to say "Hi!" and "bye bye!" now. She says it to everything. When I put on her coat to go outside, she says "bye bye" to all her favorite toys and the dog. She is trying to say Kodos. It is funny.
Her hair is getting curly on top. A couple of more months and it is really going to be girly looking!
Moira has 29 words now that she uses regularly (yes I counted, and no, I don't have anything better to do)
We are excited for baby boy Hogan!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home