We are excited for baby boy Hogan!
Moira Elizabeth Hogan: Haircut & Mess

Moira Elizabeth Hogan

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Haircut & Mess







We went to get Moi a haircut today. The last time she got one it was awhile ago. Whatever day the OSU/Michigan game was. I had a coupon for $3 off for during the game time. She fell asleep on the way from the mall to the haircut place and was in a terrible mood when we got there b/c I had to wake her up. She cried the whole time, even though she had been fine through her other haircuts. She had flashbacks today and started bawling and saying she wanted to go home the whole time we were waiting. I had to make some promises to get her to sit down (skittles from the candy machine and a trip to the treehouse at the WCC afterwards). She was fine as soon as she sat down and sat completely still and didn't make a peep. I'm trying to get her hygiene all taken care of before the baby comes. We are going for her first dentist apt on Feb. 2nd. Gulp.
When we went to the treehouse she was pretending she was Morris, Max's friend from the Max & Ruby cartoons. She kept saying she was going to play in the garden. She came back and said that all the kids in the garden were "too boring". For some reason, that made me laugh.
Moi and I were upstairs today and I went downstairs to get her some juice. I came upstairs and she met me in the hall saying "Mommy, I made a big mess in the bathroom". She had used her potty stool to try to get down my box of pedicure stuff she likes to play with and wouldn't you know it, it all spilled and the one thing that actually broke was my dark dark purple nail polish. It was all over our Italian porcelain floor we had put in about 9 months ago. It was all over her stool and she was super mad that I wouldn't give her her stool back. I ran downstairs and got the fingernail polish remover and got most of it out except where the grout is, it's not coming out there, we'll have to regrout. I had to work fast so it wouldn't set in a stain and the smell was too much for me and I ended up throwing up all over. Then Moi peed her pants, which she hasn't done in months. Oh, it was a spectacular day. The only shining moment was when Moi laid on the bed and watched a Dora movie about 5 pm and I went to sleep for about 20 minutes. That was like a little slice of heaven. I miss naps.

2 Comments:

At 6:47 PM, Blogger heidi schaeffer said...

oh no! Meg! Moi's little relapse was just icing on your awful cake today...so sorry!!! Just what you needed, right?!! arghhhh! The boys exchanged stories of who had it worse at home today - I think you win!!! I was just covered in poo!

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Meg Hogan said...

She was so upset she peed her pants. She was rolling around on the ground going "OH No! I peed in my pants! OH no! Kitty Kang, I peed in my pants! Kodos, I peed in my pants!" looking at them for some sympathy and understanding. It was the least of my problems though at that point... the fingernail polish and the puke was much worse!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home